Job Description: The Accounting Associate is responsible for general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers as well as account and bank reconciliations. This person will also assist with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting senior accounting staff in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Review and reconcile monthly expense reports and corporate American Express billing.
- Maintaining fixed assets database.
- Assist with journal entry preparation.
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts.
- Assist with year-end closings.
- Assist with external audits and exams.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls.
- Ensuring that the financial activities of the organization take place as per schedule.
- Fosters a collaborative teamwork environment, positively influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Actively supports and complies with all components of the Company compliance program, including, but not limited to, completion of training and reporting of suspected violations of law and Company policy.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information; abides with HIPAA and PHI guidelines at all times.
- Reacts positively to change and performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in accounting, business, finance or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience desired.
- Ability to effectively communicate in all internal and external relationships for all essential job functions.
- Above average skills in mathematics, financial matters and accounting.
- Knowledge of GAAP and is applications.
- Excellent analysis and observation skills.
- Ability to train and develop staff.
- Ability to produce accurate financial statements.
- Adaptability to change.
- Customer driven focus, both internal and external.
- Ability to lift approximately 25 pounds unassisted using appropriate lifting techniques and/or devices.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle, reach or feel and manipulate objects or controls.
- The employee is frequently required to sit or stand for long periods of time and walk distances, as well as stoop, bend, kneel, crouch and walk up and down stairs on a frequent basis.