Administrative Assistant - 6 month fixed term contract
West End - £28K-30K (Non-hybrid role - 5 days in office).
We have an amazing opportunity for an outstanding individual to join a wonderful private equity company in the West End.
This is such a super role and we are looking for a candidate who wants to support a busy admin team with their overflow workload. Hours 8.30 - 5.30pm.
You will have a chance to really become involved and cover for your colleagues and become an intergral part of the business and you will enjoy lots of variety in the role and work with an absolutely amazing team in a high performing boutique environment.
Ideally you will be a graduate or graduate calibre individual who is really happy to muck in and who goes above and beyond!
Job Specification: Admin Assistant
This is a central role in the partnership supporting the other members of the admin team. The admin assistant will be extremely organised with a confident and professional approach and a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Providing float cover to all admin team desks including reception when team members are on annual leave, out of the office or unwell.
- Assisting the admin team with all central admin tasks and taking on overflow of work from the admin team.
- Covering reception for an hour a day during the receptionist's lunch break.
- Supporting members of the wider team with their business and administrative requirements.
- Excellent telephone manner. Answering phones and directing calls to the appropriate parties in an efficient and professional manner. Taking clear and concise messages and passing these on accordingly.
- Scheduling and coordinating international and domestic travel including flights, trains, hotel and ground transportation.
- Coordinate necessary visa and passport renewals.
- Extensive coordination of busy and complex diaries with continuous changes to schedules and priorities in different time zones.
- Arranging cars and taxis or proposing public transport solutions for transport to and from meetings.
- Preparing and submitting team expenses. Experience of expense systems advantageous but not essential. Admin Assistant to ensure they are familiar with the Expense and Travel policy and always stay within these boundaries.
- Maintaining various central records on excel and other database software. Examples of this may include logging records of conferences and subscriptions. Training will be given on specific systems but helpful if the candidate can demonstrate an ability to pick up systems quickly and efficiently.
- Taking responsibility for some central administrative tasks and working autonomously to ensure records are maintained, deadlines are met and any necessary actions are taken. Examples of this may include maintaining the central filing system and offsite archiving, entering records onto the CRM system.
- Creating and editing both PowerPoint and Word presentations.
- Printing and binding documents.
- Maintaining general office filing both soft and hard copy.
- Ensuring all costs incurred for the company have an appropriate deal reference attached to them.
- Assist with unpacking of food and stationery deliveries for the 4th floor kitchen.
- Willingness to assist with all manner of tasks. Examples of this may include laying out lunches, making hot drinks, running errands and keeping the office clean and tidy.
- Liaising and assisting IT support. Notifying our IT Manager of any IT issues arising. Tackling simple IT tasks. Checking for obvious explanations for problems such as power supply or restarting the machine. Becoming an expert in the meeting room technology and able to step in and assist with setting up meetings or when there are technical issues within a meeting.
- Fire warden.
- Additional duties and tasks as required.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the ability to exercise, good judgement and diplomacy.
- Ability to respond to variable workflow and maintain composure in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong PC skills, including outlook and MS office (all to an advanced level).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Handle information in the form of reports, correspondence and conversations, in a manner which ensures confidentiality.
- Capability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in tight time deadlines and possess strong problem solving ability.
- Confidence to manage upwards in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team supporting other administrative and investment team members.
- Ability to get along with people at all levels and ensure a calm and professional working environment.
Apply today for immediate screening. This is a great opportunity to join a wonderful business and be a real team player.