Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a renowned international money transfer processing company. Our highly respected client is looking for an Application Support who is amenable to work in a hybrid set up under a shifting schedule. The office is based in BGC Taguig.
About the role:
The Application Support Specialist role is to provide 2nd Level Support for application or system issues to end users and partners. This includes detailed analysis of the situation and knowledge on the company´s applications to provide a definite solution or workaround. This position is also responsible for monitoring the alerts from the IT infrastructure & applications, and take appropriate action defined for those alerts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Respond to, investigate and triage all incoming incident or query events from partners & customer on all product applications provided
- Identify the correct person/area to resolve the issue if cannot done by him/her, escalate the issue and confirm that a solution is provided
- Perform monitoring activities on applications, databases and servers and handle alerts generated from them
- Incident Management Life Cycle (status and tacking of the incidents in our ticketing tool Salesforce)
- Monitor System Alerts and report alerts to Infrastructure, DBA & application teams.
- Support and troubleshoot errors with partners
- Incident and problem management
- Provide solutions/work arounds to incidents and problems
- Review and monitor application logs to identify possible issues
- Identify and report bugs in the applications
- Perform regular maintenance tasks on applications - daily, weekly & monthly.
- Generate ad-hoc reports and help in generation of MIS reports as needed by business teams
- Deploy applications on the production servers using predefined procedures.
- Support IT Infrastructure team and L3 Application Support team in major maintenance tasks, by testing the access to various applications and APIs
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot Windows and Microsoft Office and any other desktop applications
- Install, upgrade, support and troubleshoot for computers, printers, and any other peripheral equipment
- Performs general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers and any other peripheral equipment
- Use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot problems associated with network connectivity, and workstation hardware/software
- Provide support for the server and communication room when required.
- Monitor communication and networking issues and if they cannot be resolved quickly, escalate them to the IT team
- Be available for troubleshooting or fixing problems that require a physical presence on-site
- User account administration, i.e., account creation and management and password resets on Active Directory
- Request and follow-up changes for user phone extensions and user phone lines
Key requirements include:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer technology and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
- Speak English fluently
- Applications Troubleshooting (abstract & analytic knowledge)
- Log review and analysis
- Unix / Linux skills
- SQL proficient
- MS Excel Intermediate / Advance for data analysis and troubleshooting
- Working knowledge with APIs will be a plus
- Experience with applications deployment will be a plus.
- Excellent technical knowledge of Windows PC's and desktop hardware.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Software and Hardware Troubleshooting
- Windows support experience
- Microsoft Office support experience
- Knowledge of Active Directory and remote-control tools
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Able to operate effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
- Able to operate with minimal supervision
- Able to manage time effectively, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Proactive, and demonstrates ability to follow issues through to resolution