Area Sales Manager (Equipment Industry) - Based in Medan
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading multinational company with a core focus on manufacturing machinery. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 10-15 years' experience in machinery for the job of Area Sales Manager. The job is based in Medan, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Report to Sales Director SEA
- Directly responsible for development and implementation of results-oriented sales strategies through existing or newly identified sales channels to optimize market penetration and sales in light of local market conditions and competitive activities.
- Responsible for achieving dollar and unit objectives for the assigned sales territory.
- Develops strong relationships to establish a level of mutual respect and participation in strategic business practices between the company and the end user.
- Motivates Distributors/Customers to optimum product presence in support of the sales of the company products.
- Coordinates and aids the company relationship with distributors/investors to issues involving order desk, service, credit, logistics, genuine parts, advertising, legal departments, and other company staff as required by circumstances.
- To search, identify and appoint new distributors in order to widen current distribution in the Indonesian market.
- Implements Company sales programs, promotions, and strategies to achieve growth and profit plans while expanding market penetration.
- Supports and promotes price increases.
- Conducts on-location sales training of products and marketing strategies, promotions and policies for distributor sales management and sales force.
- Provide needs assessment aligned with indirect/direct sales locations; reviewing market strategies and tactics, product demonstrations, and proven sales techniques.
- Manages advertising and promotional programs to meet financial and market presence objectives of the Company.
- Support company strategies and in compliance with company directives relative to trademarks and cooperative advertising policies.
- Works to improve underperforming customers.
- Evaluates necessary improvements for targeted sales growth or market presence.
- Trains distributor or agent personnel on tools available on the intranet and extranet and makes sure the distributor is using all appropriate tools.
- Monitors, evaluates, and reports competitive activity in the territory, sales, advertising and promotions, pricing strategies, new products, and services, warranty and marketing practices.
- Communicates pertinent information to manager in a timely manner.
- Estimates and coordinates service activity between distributors and the company within assigned sales territory.
- Represents Company at trade shows and organizations within the assigned territory or at larger shows and meetings.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field required with minimum 3-5 years of experience in sales or sales related function.
- At least 3-5 years relevant working experience, B2B sales in the dedicated region.
- Knowledge of the laundry equipment industry is highly desirable.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills in the regional cultural setting.
- Project Management Engineering experience with mechanical or electric aptitude regarding machinery and equipment is preferred.
- Ability to understand all facets of coin laundry and on-premise laundry products, corporate marketing, sales strategies, pre-sale and post-sale support requirements as well as customer types, purchasing motives and allied products and applications