Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Health Division is recruiting on behalf of a premium postnatal care client. Our client aims to set a distinct level of care and service in the Postnatal Care industry and is looking for an Assistant Chief Nurse to provide direct comprehensive nursing care for mommies and babies as assigned. This includes supervising the nursing team during shift, provides supportive care, collaborates with other team members/services, and navigates the total care of from admission till discharge. The Assistant Chief Nurse shall demonstrate professional and evidence - based practices.
Direct Comprehensive Care
- To apply an integration of nursing theory, clinical and evidence-based practices in providing holistic care for baby/mother and their families, visitors.
- To conduct a thorough nursing assessment of baby's physical needs
- To formulate, implement and document a nursing care plan that is communicated and clarified with the baby's parents.
- To prioritise and organise diagnostic tests and procedures if needed only.
- To demonstrate "hands on" clinical skills specific to the area of practice.
- To ensure all babies are treated as individuals, irrespective of colour or creed. Displays sensitivity to individual's religious and cultural practices.
- To evaluate babies responses to interventions in order to determine progress toward achieving expected outcomes and modify the nursing plan of care accordingly.
- To provide a comprehensive report when transferring accountability of a baby's care to another nurse and / or facility.
- To document mother and baby history, physical examination data, nursing care plan and interventions and the baby's responses in the medical record in a timely manner in accordance with nursing standard operating procedures (SOP).
- To be accountable for professional actions of the team during the span of duty.
- To establish a caring and therapeutic relationship with parents and baby, demonstrating trust, respect, and honesty.
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills during all phases of the therapeutic relationship.
- To create a positive environment by listening and offering support and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Accountable for own decision-making and actions and maintaining competence to facilitate the best possible outcomes for baby and mother.
- To participate in professional and speciality nursing organisations.
- To support development of and participates in clinically relevant project work.
- To advocate for and support the development, implementation, and evaluation of quality improvement initiatives (Policy & procedures changes, standards, protocols, and medical directives).
- To engage in self-appraisal by being proactive and innovative in meeting own learning needs based on client population and changes in practice.
- To perform the reflective practice, which includes the required capacities of self-awareness, self-knowledge, empathy, awareness of boundaries and maximum scope of the professional role.
- To engage in reflective practice by maintaining knowledge and skills that will enhance / advance one's professional nursing practice.
- To be a role model for excellent nursing practice through demonstration of expertise.
- To act as a resource to individuals and groups within the centre and community agencies to improve care and nursing practice.
- To act as a preceptor or mentor to staff / students, providing them written or verbal feedback as necessary.
- To recognise ethical dilemmas and works through them using resources and logical approach.
- To demonstrate ethical behaviour (ie. honesty, integrity).
- To recognise when own values and beliefs conflict with the client's and be able to demonstrate conflict resolution skills.
Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- To demonstrate knowledge relevant to one's professional practice by providing theoretical or scientific physiological and or psychosocial rationale.
- To apply current knowledge base and critical thinking skills to comprehensively identify knowledge gaps and practice issues which demonstrates an understanding of and engagement.
Assisting Unit Management Duties
- To assist in Risk and Quality activities of the unit to enhance controls.
- To assist in guiding and mentoring the junior nurses including new nursing staffs
- To assist locum arrangement
- To assist on daily staff arrangement
- To assist on the monthly roster
- To check nurse report
- To assist daily mommy assessment
- Possess Registered Nurse (RN) as recognised by the Nursing Board of Malaysia
- Degree/ Diploma in Nursing and must be registered with the Malaysian Nursing Board.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills.
- Possess a valid Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) and BLS.
- Post basic certification/Advanced diploma in related discipline.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Able to work with all levels of staff.