Assistant Director (Transformation)
The incumbent must be capable of working within all phases of the project lifecycle from initiation through to closure, and within initiatives that deliver change to one group as well as changes that deliver across the entire organisation. The incumbent must have excellent interpersonal skills to motivate and lead a project team, without direct authority, relying on their ability to influence others to drive results. Additionally, the candidate must be able to negotiate with, influence and manage Front Office stakeholders. The candidate is primarily responsible for delivering business outcomes on time and to budget.
The candidate will typically work on multiple initiatives or workstreams, within the Front Office and must be capable of leading both complex business as well as technology initiatives. The candidate may be supported by Business Analysts within individual initiatives / workstreams and is supported by the Director, Transformation.
Change Lead for Front Office
- Act as the embedded Change Lead for the Front Office (including ESG Team and Front Office Services) and ensure all change is managed, delivered and tracked
- Be the Transformation Partner for the Front Office and be actively involved in all Strategic as well as BAU Transformation topics that contribute to company ambitions.
- Ensure regular updates to senior Business Heads on the change items.
- Work with the Business Heads to prioritize change items and guide them on best practices
- Over time, act as the Front office SME on broader change initiatives that cut across the organization
- Effective stakeholder management especially with the Front Office who will be primary stakeholders.
Project Initiation, Planning and Execution
- Takes full responsibility for the completion of the initial definition of the project, including defining scope, expected timelines and identification of project sponsor.
- Ensures that the appropriate Governance Frameworks are integrated into the project planning.
- Ensuring that appropriate resource planning including technology, business unit and project resources is undertaken at the start of each initiative.
- Active & accurate communications to ensure all stakeholders are kept updated, allowing for timely interventions / mitigations as required.
- Ability to "roll up the sleeves" and assist other members in the project as and when required.
- Ensure all project documentation are signed-off by the business and respective stakeholders as well as institutionalized and are of auditable standards.
- Leading the change through all stages from requirement gathering to implementation.
- Dynamic individual who is able to navigate the organisation successfully with excellent influencing and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Able to resolve issues in a manner that build trusts, delivers successful project outcomes and drives the organisation's strategic agenda.
- High energy/drive with strong change management experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Has over 12 years of experience working as a Project Manager/Business Analyst within fund management, private banking or capital markets. This experience could have been gained as an employee of the financial institution or as a consultant working on assignment.
- Attention to detail, persistence to complete tasks and resolve issues & risks. Pro-active / takes initiative.
- Has experience of working across / covering multiple jurisdictions
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within cost against a recognized project management methodology.
- Experience in Change Management and Target Operating Model Re-engineering.
- Experience in Asset Management Solution Delivery and/or BlackRock Aladdin solution knowledge and product skills will be an advantage
- Strong Business knowledge of 1 or more of the following business areas: Investments, Capital Markets, Private Banking,
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree Holder in Relevant Discipline
- Project Management Certified (PMP), Prince 2 etc). would be an advantage
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684