Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a Swedish MNC and a global leader in manufacturing industrial packaging, specializing in complete packaging solutions within the Telecom, Energy, Industry, Vehicles, Healthcare and Aerospace. Our highly respected client is seeking for an experienced Assistant Sourcing Manager with at least 5 years' experience. The job will be based in Perai/Batu Kawan, Penang. This would be a great opportunity for someone passionate with sourcing role and further excel in supply chain management.
The ideal candidate will be responsible on strategic sourcing functional role and play vital tactical operational sourcing role in the day-to-day operations and ensuring supply demands planning meeting the business profitability expectation. He/She will be supporting sourcing activity in the region of Southeast Asia and reporting to the Sourcing Manager.
- To off-load the burden of and support Sourcing Manager / Site Manager on strategic sourcing role and play vital tactical operational sourcing role in the day-to-day operations.
- Identify strategic suppliers / partners in line with company's sourcing strategy and local business unit demand.
- Execute RFQ, products' NPI stage, deliveries & fulfillment from suppliers.
- Able to perform costing analysis and price benchmarking for packaging material such as on plastics, paper corrugated, fiber, foam and wooden crate solutions, etc.
- Generates cost savings and winning of project bidding.
- Able to work independently with timeline driven.
- Any other tasks assign by superior as deem necessary from time to time.
- Knowledge of custom relation matter, application of permit will be added advantages.
- Willing to travel occasionally
- University degree (minimum Bachelor), preferably in Supply Chain, Procurement, Business Administration, Engineering or other relevant area, or equivalent experience
- Proven work experience in Sourcing commodities packaging material
- Be resourceful and well verse with commodities packaging supply and demand
- Experience in project management, manufacturing and quality is considered a plus
- Strong negotiation skills - can persuade others by using costing analysis, foster a collaborative atmosphere during negotiations and reach positive agreements.
- Familiar with protective packaging with plastics, paper corrugated, fiber, foam and wooden crate solutions.
- Target-oriented and focus on reaching results effectively
- A creative team player with collaborative and networking skills
- Strategic thinking, creative problem-solving and analytical ability
- Self-directed being able to formulate activities and direction
- Well-versed with proven ability with MS Office, particularly Excel and Power Point.
- Bi-Lingual capabilities preferred (English/Chinese/Other)