Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of the top Singaporean multinational technology company which focuses mainly on e-commerce.
Our respected client is seeking a Law professional for the job of (Associate) Legal Counsel focused as Generalist. The job is in Ortigas Center, Mandaluyong, Metro Manila, Philippines and is currently on a Dayshift (10am - 7pm) Onsite arrangement.
- Advise on the legal aspects of tax regulations, and contracts for the custody or investment of the Bank's financial resources.
- This includes conducting legal research, drafting and reviewing contracts, managing compliance with laws and regulations, providing legal advice to internal stakeholders, resolving disputes, protecting intellectual property, addressing labor and employment issues, overseeing corporate governance, managing risks, conducting training sessions, contributing to policy development, and participating in mergers and acquisitions.
- Review, update and recommend for approval standard documentation, in accordance with market and industry practice, for use in derivative transactions.
- Advise on contracts for the investment of liquid assets
- Review, revise and recommend for approval global clearing, custody, execution and repurchase agreements to facilitate the Bank's investment and risk management transactions.
- Propose and design appropriate amendments to the Bank Agreement and other governing instruments, such as the Financial Regulations.
- Provide legal advice and assistance through the General Counsel to the Bank and its operating organs on all matters of finance, investments, and reporting obligations to internal and external authorities.
- Handle certain legal issues of a complex and confidential nature in accordance with the instructions from the General Counsel.
- Law Degree
- Admitted to the Philippines bar, having (Associate) 4+ years and (Legal Counsel) 7+ years PQE working in the Legal field.
- Either handled clients in Commercial/Financial Services or Banking sector or who have moved from law firms to financial services/technology/digital banking companies.
- Knowledge/ experience with Digital Banking/Consumer banking is an advantage.
- Seasoned knowledge in the current trend of development and familiarity with international law, and related matters within the Bank and other international organizations.
- Strong skills in preparation of complex legal documents including briefs and confidential legal opinions, preparing certificates, leading the negotiation of complex projects and programs and other transactions of a similar nature.
- Capacity to conceive and supervise the negotiation of complex legal documents of all types and form that balances the standards and norms of outside parties with the unique requirements of the Bank.
- Experience in applying legal knowledge to deliver the full scope of strategic legal services.
- Effective consulting and advisory skills that enable clients and help resolve their legal questions.
- Ability to work and deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.