Shift scheduler is responsible for staffing medical device manufacturing operation. Staffing activities include scheduling regular time, over time sign ups, time-off and shift exchanges between shifts.
- Manage time-off requests and scheduling
- Works with the Operations Leaders to understand daily staffing needs and receive approval for staffing plans
- Builds staffing plans to run all production lines every shift and support preventive maintenance activities
- Responsible for posting overtime sign-ups for opposing shifts
- Ensures each spot is filled by a qualified associate
- Sends automated requests to pull in overtime volunteers for scheduled overtime and for urgent overtime needs
- Manages shift-swapping between associates in each pay-period
- Learn new software to help improve efficiency of scheduling
- Maintains an open line of communication to ensure staffing problems/changes are communicated and resolved in a timely manner
- Maintains records and documents, as required
- Ensures employee scheduling is aligned with the training matrix.
- Complies with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
- Complies with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working with ADP is a plus, but not required.
- Workday experience is a plus, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and Teams).
- The incumbent may be frequently required to stand and/or occasionally sit for extended periods of time. Bending, stooping and reaching may occasionally be required.
* Part-time rotating shift schedule (2-2-3). Work hours 5am - 9am.