Administration is responsible for performing a variety of administrative activities in support of their assigned work team. Primarily assist in creating and submitting purchase orders, reconciliation of invoices, generating documentation to onboard new R&D vendors, facilitating the onboarding of new associates with direction from the hiring manager, facilitating onsite logistics related to R&D sample shipments, office supplies, meeting catering orders, & conference room booking. May assist with budget preparation, record maintenance, audit scribing, generating reports regarding operations, personnel changes, etc. Serves as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company regarding administrative issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school graduate or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Four or more years related experience.
- Must have ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions in English.
- Must have ability to effectively communicate information to supervisor, management and other employees of the organization.
- Must have basic mathematical abilities (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) necessary to perform calculations associated with budgets, etc.
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet functions and calculations would be helpful.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or other forms. Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
- Infrequent lifting of up to 25 lbs. is required.
- Work environment is a moderately noisy office area with shredder, printer, fax machine, copier, and telephones with medium traffic.