This role sits within the banks Clearing Middle Office team in the Clearing & Payments Department. The role will report to the Clearing Middle Office Team Lead who has responsibility for the identification, design, and implementation of various Non-Financial Risk Management approaches across the Bank including but not limited to the following - Technology, Third party, Change, Payments, People, Data, Cyber and Physical Security.
Main areas of focus include the design of controls, monitoring business department's outputs and providing ongoing support to risk owners to ensure the bank appropriately manages its risk.
This is a new position which offers a variety of interesting and challenging work, working as part of a growing team, in support of various regulatory and membership requirements
(LCH and CHAPS).
- Support the management of non-financial risk through the design, implementation and continuous review and improvement of preventive and mitigating controls across the bank.
- Work with other risk and controls functions to design and produce Policy, Standards and Procedures
- Conduct regular Quality Assurance on control outputs and evidence
- Support the quarterly RCSA (Risk Control Self-Assessment)/CCA (Climate Change Adaption) process, in conjunction with the Risk Management Department, which is completed by the Business
- Support the testing of Design and Operational Effectiveness of Controls, including those managed by third party suppliers
- Evaluate regulatory and scheme membership requirements (such as CHAPS and LCH) to ensure controls are designed to meet those standards
- Experience of implementing controls framework, controls testing, monitoring, and auditing.
- Experience of Operational and Non-Financial Risk Management and controls design
- Understanding of the Three Lines of Defence Risk Management model
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements related to Non-Financial Risk and Operational Resilience (including, but not limited to, the following risk categories - Technology, Third party, Change, Payments, People, Concentration, Data, Cyber, Physical Security)
- Risk Management qualifications preferred (IRM, SIRM etc)
- Understanding of CHAPS CRM requirements
- Working knowledge of Risk Management tools and databases
- Degree education preferred or professional qualification at this level