Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading national company with a core focus on mining contractor. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 10 years' experience in belt splicer for the job of Belt Splicer (Technician) & Rubber Liner. The job is based in Australia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Ensuring the directives, priorities and timeframes established by the Area Manager, Supervisors and Leading Hands are achieved
- Conduct scheduled periodic inspections of conveyor systems
- Liaise with Supervisor and recommend troubleshooting strategies to counter any belt issues or problems that arise
- Detect and report equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision as soon as they become apparent
- Ensuring that the controls associated with high-risk tasks are communicated to all personnel and implemented as per the company's safety management system.
- Ensuring all works are performed in accordance with agreed risk assessments, procedures, JHA's, SWI's, isolations, critical controls, high risk tasks or site based specific HSE performance maintenance documentation.
- Identify improvements in work practices and systems in carrying out work to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Highlight areas of inconsistency and/or inefficiency in order to continually improve processes, systems and procedures.
- Provide Quality Assurance on belt splices and repairs.
- Adhere to client Work Management Process
- Undertake quality conveyor belt repair, fabrication, or replacement in accordance with company defined standards. This will include but is not limited to cutting belts to size, preparing and vulcanizing belts using various splice styles such as fabric splicing hot/cold, steel cord and finger splicing
- Provide mechanical maintenance assistance as required which can include conveyor roller change outs, conveyor belt cover installations, belt condition monitoring, pulley lagging repair and replacement, carry back measurements, pulley and rubber chute relines.
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 10 years combined experience in Belt Splicer (Technician) & Rubber Liner
- Have strong networking with a mining project site
- Have a strong knowledge of Belt Splicer (Technician) & Rubber Liner
- Skill on overall general management with a focus on Belt Splicer (Technician) & Rubber Liner
- Strong knowledge of environmental issues, mining legislation and labour law, mining technology and heavy production equipment
- Possess leadership to head the team
- Strong ability to coordinate and communicate with his team, and also across to other departments/ companies (matrix organization)
- Capability to work independently (analyse, plan, action, control) with initiative and creativity to ensure operational excellence
- English language, international business experience highly desirable
- Team player, positive attitude, hands-on and high flexibility