This role includes managing and supervision of a team of 3-4 associates in delivering BAU activities that will include below 3 areas of key responsibilities. Execution of Brokerage Agreements, Client Data Maintenance, Client & Brokerage investigation.
The manager is also responsible to oversee implementation of all change and project related work to Brokerage Management. To be a key member to the APAC operations management team, to participate in collaboration across region or cross operations initiatives. Also to face off to global counterparts for initiative implementations.
Key stakeholders include client relationship management with both internal and external clients is important aspect of this role, to be able to able to have strong client focused DNA to provide best in class solutions to resolve queries, and to turn around the workflow to allow client set ups to accounts receivable process to be executed smoothly.
As the role straddles across multiple Ops/Finance , Front Office and External Client communications, the individual will require strong communication skills and confidence to front collaborative and management level conversations. To be seen as a go-to in location delegate to the Regional Head of Accounts Receivable & Brokerage Investigation.
- Execution of Brokerage Agreement responsibilities, including:
- Collaborate with the front office to prepare, draft & distribute brokerage agreements for APAC clients
- Address brokerage agreement related queries from both internal and external stakeholders in timely manner
- Provide business with brokerage analysis reports for rate negotiation with clients
- Execution of Client and Operational Data responsibilities, including:
- Maintaining high quality, clean data by adhering to a strict governance and controls framework
- Support Data Integration projects/ change initiatives/ process enhancement
- Extensive liaison with relevant stakeholders to resolve issues faced
- Ensure the effective and efficient management of trade investigations raised by clients following the review of their invoices, liaising with appropriate departments to solve them.
- Perform the brokerage checks requested by the audit.
- Track and analyse the transactions where brokerage has been input manually.
- Suggest improvement to the systems and processes.
- Design and implement reconciliations and MI/KPIs to support our business and evidence controls
- Maintain procedures, system controls, identify key processes and improvements
- Where assigned by manager, to support other functions within APAC Operations inclusive of:
- Client Onboarding Team (KYC/AML, periodic client review, remediation, etc)
- Trade Management Team (Remediate trade issues with stakeholders)
- Accounts Receivable to resolve client queries to close out the F2B invoicing process
- Participate in Change and Tech enhancement projects to create process excellence and digitalisation
- To fulfil any additional/ad-hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Ensure that you understand the risks and controls in your department; what could go wrong, what controls you have to prevent/detect or contain these.
All staff have defined risk management responsibilities. The Group imposes additional responsibilities on line-managers and senior managers. It is critical that all staff discharge their risk management responsibilities when undertaking their role. Specific responsibilities are incorporated into employee objectives, and your performance against these objectives will be assessed as part of the firm's performance management process. You will also be required to confirm that you have discharged your risk management responsibilities through the annual risk management attestation process.
- Good understanding of Financial Services & Products (FX, Rates, Credit) Derivatives
- Ability to develop new skills and understanding new technology as required
- Good understanding of Operational Risk
- Good understanding of financial regulatory and compliance landscape
- At least 3-5 experience in being in team manager capacity
- Experience in leading a team with good supervisory and leadership skill
- Ability to implement risk based processes and workflows
- Ability to drive and implement tech change within team, and lead structural reforms
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Communicates effectively and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders
- Build relationships and networks with both internally and externally wherever possible
- Constructively handles disagreements to reach a resolution
- Ability to work with diverse groups/ personalities
- Open to innovative ideas/ experiences and ability to create new ideas, approaches or insights. Seeks opportunities for improvements;
- Ability to influence and drive change
Dynamic & Competitive
- Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
- Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments
- Enjoys challenges and able to escalate
- Self Starter, "can do" attitude
Open & Communicative
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills, and knowledge dissemination skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment
- Keeps emotions under control in difficult situations
- Handles criticism constructively
- Able to demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Works ethically and shows respect for both professional and company values
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised with a proactive approach
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrates sound judgement with good understanding.
- Demonstrates drive, commitment and focus on personal development, with a desire and aptitude to learn.
The job description will be maintained by the manager of the department. It will be updated if there are changes to the duties and/or responsibilities.
This job description is subject to the terms and conditions of your Employment or Service Agreement and Handbook. You shall perform other such duties as the Company, or any Group Company may reasonably require.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R21100351