Business Analyst (Sabre)
The purpose of the role is to provide Business Analysis to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on Risk. The initial assignment will consist in on-boarding the Market Data Store (MDS) project.
SABRE is the sole FM cross asset risk management platform and delivers consolidated risks primarily to Structure and Derivatives traders within the Front Office.
The current investments into the platform sponsor the following objectives:
The objective of this project is to re-engineer and strengthen the market and reference data sourcing controls. The objectives of the project include use of curves marked by traders as the ones for official use, provide intra-day bond prices into MDS, provide hardware required to replace end-of-life MDS hardware, and maintain MDS spoke capacity.
This role consists business analysis, delivery management, and project management to:
- Provide capture market data for P&L and risk calculations, which meet regulatory requirements,
- Create a common approach and infrastructure for intra-day market data and sourcing for end-of-day requirements.
- Deliver ongoing functional change on the SABRE MDS platform.
- Deliver performance and infrastructure improvements on the platform.
It is currently a team of ~28 people and affects all functions, FM Front Office (incl. Quants), Middle Office, Market Risk, Valuation Control, Product Control, Technology and Back Office.
The job purpose consists in:
- Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.
- Collaborating with all control functions to gather requirement, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions in consultation with the technology teams.
- Being a creative source of proposals and channeling user aspiration towards sustainable and future proof solutions
- Deliver functional consistency across the various projects by influencing architecture and design decisions
- Translating and documenting business requirements
- Working across asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodities (both structured and flow)
Heads of trading desks, flow traders, structured traders, quantitative analysts, middle office, market risk, Product Control/Valuation Control, development leads, developers, testers, project managers, program manager, support groups
- Stakeholder feedback (Business and IT)
- Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
- Quality of documentation
- Ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews
- Post project implementation reviews and alignment of project deliverable to measurable exit criteria
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong understanding of the Business Analysis process is a must.
- 6 year experience in BA role in FM/risk technology
- Extensive derivatives knowledge across asset classes encompassing product knowledge, pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle.
- Quantitative finance understanding, ability to liaise with quantitative analysts on pricing and risk topics
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Good understanding of key technology concepts, basics in SQL, functional programming and architecture. Strong technical acumen is a big plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile development practices would be desirable.
- Knowledge or experience as a Scrum Master would be desirable.
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative.
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation.
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Multicultural awareness.
Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684