Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dynamic cardiology technician to join our team of medical professionals. Your duties will include performing EKG, echocardiogram, and phonocardiogram tests on cardiology patients, as well as assisting doctors with non-invasive procedures.
To ensure success as a cardiology technician, you should possess medical technology maintenance capabilities and display an excellent bedside manner. Ultimately, a top-notch cardiology technician should have exceptional analytical skills and be able to work in a diverse medical environment.
Cardiology Technician Responsibilities:
- Conducting electrocardiogram (EKG), phonocardiogram, echocardiogram, and stress tests by using electronic equipment.
- Ensuring cardiology patients are comfortable by answering any questions they have about the tests.
- Recording the results of cardiological tests and consulting with the physician on duty to schedule any follow-up tests.
- Assisting physicians during non-evasive cardiological procedures by monitoring the patients' heart rates and alerting the physicians to any readings outside normal ranges.
- Maintaining cardiological equipment and supplies with daily cleanings and adjustments.
- Recording supply inventory levels and restocking the supply storeroom accordingly.
- Troubleshooting problems with cardiological equipment and reporting any malfunctions to superiors.
- Staying up-to-date with cardiological developments by attending conferences and participating in research projects.
Cardiology Technician Requirements:
- Associate's degree in cardiovascular technology.
- At least 2 years' experience working as a cardiology technician.
- Excellent knowledge of cardiovascular diseases, diagnosis, and treatment.
- The ability to use cardiological equipment, such as EKG machinery.
- Proven ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Solid knowledge of professional medical standards, policies, and procedures, as well as federal, state, and local requirements.
- Proven teamwork mentality and ability to collaborate with co-workers.
- Excellent bedside manner and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and solid problem-solving skills.