Senior Autonomy Perception Engineer
We have been retained by our client, an industrial leader ushering automation and autonomous technology into the rugged production environment to move forward their mission of bringing scalable autonomous technology to the next generation of jobsite solutions. They are focused in pioneering disruptive technology and bringing it to mining, energy application, quarry, waste, and construction jobsites.
This is a great opportunity to work with an established brand and powerful organization. An almost unrivalled destination for ambitious engineers looking for multiple career development pathways.
As a Senior Autonomy Perception Engineer, you'll develop algorithms that enable autonomous systems to understand the world and navigate safely. That includes detecting, tracking, and predicting the motion of pedestrians and vehicles, as well as characterising obstacles and terrain.. You would be responsible for research, prototype, and bring to production path/motion planning algorithms that enable autonomous and semi-autonomous systems to navigate safety.
As the ideal candidate you will have the following skill and experience:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Robotics, Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years relevant work experience within Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles or similar
- Industry experience implementing perception algorithms for detection, tracking, segmentation, pose estimation.
- Experience with a variety of sensors including LIDAR, stereo/mono cameras, radar and IMUS
- Industry experience building optimized perception pipelines using ROS, C/C++, OpenCV and/or CUDA
- Excellent C++ coding, strong engineering practices, debugging/profiling skills
- Strong foundation in mathematics and fundamentals (3D geometry, linear algebra)
APPLY NOW - INTERVIEWING IMMEDIATELY
Locations: San Francisco CA or Pittsburgh PA - remote options
Salary: Strong market rate base comp + RSUs + bonuses, employee benefits etc.