Autonomy Localization Senior/Staff Engineer
We have been retained by our client, an industrial leader ushering automation and autonomous technology into the rugged production environment to move forward their mission of bringing scalable autonomous technology to the next generation of jobsite solutions. They are focused in pioneering disruptive technology and bringing it to mining, energy application, quarry, waste, and construction jobsites.
This is a great opportunity to work with an established brand and powerful organization. An almost unrivalled destination for ambitious engineers looking for multiple career development pathways.
As an Autonomy Localization Senior or Staff Engineer (depending on experience), you'll be responsible for you'll collaborate with team members to prototype and bring to production algorithms that enable autonomous & semiautonomous systems to localize robustly within the world around them. This includes estimating position and altitude absolutely but also relatively to terrain features and static or mobile equipment, and implementing filters using perception-based, inertial, and GNSS inputs. Every day you will work with your team to solve real world problems by selecting the right approach, developing quick prototypes & bringing them to production. The localization developer will participate in various aspects of the development process including design, documentation, coding, product quality, and validation.
As the ideal candidate you will have the following skill and experience:
- Bachelors, Master's degree or PhD in Robotics, Computer Science or Engineering
- 4+ years relevant work experience within Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles or similar
- Fluency in Python, excellency in C++, strong engineering practices, debugging/profiling skills.
- Ability to survey literature for ideas and convert research papers into production implementation.
- Strong foundation in mathematics and fundamentals (3D geometry, linear algebra, Kalman/particle filters)
APPLY NOW - INTERVIEWING IMMEDIATELY
Locations: San Francisco CA, Pittsburgh PA or Peoria IL - remote options
Salary: Strong market rate base comp + RSUs + bonuses, employee benefits etc.