We are working with a successful commodities trading house. They are recruiting for an entry level / second jobber who is looking to get involved in the Sustainability sector.
They specialise specialising in the origination and distribution of physical Cocoa, Coffee, Sugar and the provision of value added services. Their Head Office is in London with Cocoa overseas operations in West Africa, Asia, Europe and North & South America.
They are looking for someone who has an interest in sustainability and looking to get exposure to this sector.
They are looking for someone to work with their Sustainability Team to coordinate the certification positions within the Global Cocoa business. The role involves data analysis and monitoring global positions with numerous spreadsheets, online portals and daily shipping documentation.
Tasks will include:
- Maintaining the Certification stock positions through use of Excel or Portals
- Working with our origin teams to match certification with physical cocoa procurement.
- Updating the various certification portals with transactions.
- Develop a knowledge of the standards and 3rd party portals, and use this knowledge to promote improved automation of our positions
- Computing and dispatching traceability certificates for clients
- Processing of invoices from service providers
- Assisting with preparation for yearly audits and eventually running these audits
Skills & Experience
- Experience within a similar background, data, commodities or shipping background would be an advantage but would also consider a Graduate with placement experience.
- Experience or interest in Sustainability or Certification would be of benefit
- Good/Solid Excel skills and ability to work on multiple s/sheets and use this daily for work.
- Numerate and analytical with very good attention to detail
- Strong self-organisation and motivation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Starter, enthusiastic, proactive, strong interest for commodity markets