Chemical Engineer for Surface Chemistry & Bioassay Development
Initial 6 month contract + extensions
- Assist in the execution of experiments, support experimental work related to surface chemistry and bioassays
- Optimize design of experiments, independently perform tests in the lab on a daily basis
- Have a special interest in novel technologies and chemistries;
- Prior experience in industry; in working with experimental set-ups; as well as in surface chemistry and characterization is considered a plus
Required knowledge and skills
- We are looking for someone with a background in electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with strong experience in microfluidic field. 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position.
- The candidate has strong skills of microfluidic device testing, including to design measurement schemes and to test the functionality of microfluidic devices for fluidic and biological assays (e.g., electrical impedance spectroscopy for cells).
- Previous experience with multidisciplinary modelling such as ANSYS, COMSOL etc. is considered a plus.
- Previous experience with building test setup, combining fluidic, photonic, and electronic components, is a plus.
- The candidate is a self-motivated team player with good communication skills, yet also able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision.
- Given the international character of our client, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.