Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a reputable international money transfer processing company. Our highly respected client is looking for a Chief Financial Officer with strong experience, knowledge, and training in financial statement and tax return analysis and eliminating financial and tax risk. This is a hybrid work arrangement with an office based in BGC, Taguig.
The CFO controls the company's administration and finance to eliminate financial and tax risks, ensuring compliance with accounting, tax, and legal standards of the company and ensuring the generation of correct financial information for its financial statements. The position of CFO carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies and applicable laws, ensuring adherence to guidelines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and supervise a solid internal control system covering all risk areas including but not limited to cash, tax, accounting, and a general program of reconciliations (all Balance Sheet/Income Statement accounts).
- Manage and report all tax issues of the company to the Country Manager and Global CFO constantly
- Elaborate the budgets and business plans to control the income, expenses, and volumes of the company in accordance with the growth goals.
- Delivery of monthly reporting of Financial Statements and reconciliation package to US Corp
- Supervise and authorize the regulatory reports
- Coordinate the external audits of the company and monitor/dispose of the observations follow-up and the normative documentation.
- Supervise and control the Foreign Exchange Department of the company.
- Administrate the Cash Flow and Financial position of the company by eliminating risks
- Decision making
The most important or relevant decisions that might involve the position without the need of approval are:
- Report and control any issues related to the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) and other government regulatory body by informing immediately to the Country Manager and Global CFO
- Definition of the internal control risk ratios to be monitored
- Elaborate monthly reports to Global CFO on the company's internal control system
Challenges of the position:
- Assure the company complies with all Philippine's applicable regulations
- Keep and monitor a solid internal control system
Key requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline, master's degree, or MBA is a plus
- At least 10 years experience as a Finance Manager or senior management position
- At least 5 years experience as CFO is good to have
- Mastered experience, knowledge, and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Mastered knowledge of local/federal, tax, financial and compliance regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision, and training for ten or more employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet the production needs of the position.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, read, analyze and interpret documents and professional journals, understand procedures, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.