Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of an established financing services company (financial services and advisory services). They are looking for an experienced Operations Professional exposed in banking, financial services, or industry. The job is based in Makati City, Philippines.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) of a finance company is responsible for overseeing the daily operations and strategic initiatives of the company. Overall, the COO plays a vital role in the finance company's success by managing its operations, finances, and strategic direction. Specific duties may vary depending on the company's size and focus within the finance industry.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Operational Leadership: The COO is responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of the company. This includes managing various departments such as customer service, compliance, risk management, and technology.
- Strategic Planning: The COO plays a critical role in formulating and executing the company's strategic plan. They work closely with the CEO and other top executives to set goals and objectives.
- Financial Management: The COO often oversees financial aspects of the business, including budgeting, expense control, and financial reporting. They may work to optimize financial performance and profitability.
- Risk Management: Managing and mitigating risks is a key responsibility. This includes ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, monitoring market risks, and implementing risk management strategies.
- Technology and Innovation: In the modern finance industry, technology is crucial. The COO may be responsible for technology initiatives, ensuring the company remains competitive and secure in the digital landscape.
- Team Management: The COO leads and manages a team of executives and staff, providing guidance, setting performance targets, and fostering a culture of productivity and collaboration.
- Compliance and Regulatory Affairs: Ensuring the company complies with all relevant financial regulations and standards is a crucial part of the role.
- Client Relations: The COO may interact with key clients and stakeholders to maintain and build relationships, ensuring their needs are met.
- Efficiency and Process Improvement: Identifying opportunities for process improvement and operational efficiency is an ongoing responsibility.
- Crisis Management: In times of crisis or unforeseen challenges, the COO may be responsible for developing and executing contingency plans to ensure business continuity.
Key job requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as business, management, or a related discipline.
- Proven track record of leadership and management in a similar role, with at least 10-15 years of relevant experience.
- Deep understanding of Financial Services industry .