Cloud Developer for IoT (Azure)
Initial 12 month freelance contract + permanent position offered afterwards
Wageningen or Nijmegen, Netherlands / Remote (3 days onsite, 2 days remote per week)
To develop cloud solutions in the field of personalized health and precision agriculture.
What you will do
We need you as a Cloud Developer for IoT solutions to be part of our interdisciplinary team to develop software solutions for our projects that will enable next-generation solutions for 'Precision Health, Nutrition & Behavior' and 'Precision Agriculture & Food'. In this role, you will drive innovation and come up with smart designs while you will work in close collaboration with other Software Engineers, Researchers and Data Scientists.
Your tasks will include:
- Develop IoT platform for edge devices to acquire sensor data and time series;
- Develop a scalable cloud infrastructure deployable for multiple tenants. Typical use cases are platforms to support sensor data acquisition, storing data, enabling access to the data and present overviews on dashboards;
- Help develop and/or outsource apps (iOS/Android) using React Native and Native Development;
- Develop pipelines for CI and CD (continuous integration deployment);
- Maintain and improve the existing cloud infrastructures;
- Interface with customers on the definition of specifications, interfaces, progress and deliverables;
- Support users of the cloud platform in their evaluation, (lab-based/trial) testing and troubleshooting of prototypes;
- Test the deliverables and participate in code reviews;
- Work closely with the interdisciplinary team ensuring the end goals of the (prototype) system/application will be met.
Who you are
- You hold a BSc or MSc degree in computer science, software engineering, informatics or equivalent.
- You are starting your career with some years of experience, or you are a senior already. There are several options in our young and growing team.
- You have experience in software development and cloud development, preferably in the field of IOT with streaming front and backend development.
- Experience with Azure and a programming language in a cloud context like C#, Rust, Java or Python. Experience with security is a big plus.
- Understand and be able to explain software architectures. Experience in decomposing a system into a scalable solution is a plus.
- Proficient in version control systems (GIT).
- You are familiar with automated testing (e.g. unit, functional, integration, regression testing).
- Interest in the field of personalized health and agriculture solutions is beneficial and previous experience working with medical device or functional safety regulations is appreciated.
- Hands-on and flexible attitude, creative mindset and eagerness to learn (keeping your knowledge up to date with training and self-study) and to grow are attributes that define yourself.
- You are a self-starter and can work outside your field of expertise and you enjoy the interaction with external partners.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- You see change as an opportunity to grow and you can deal with ambiguity.
- You are highly motivated to work in a multicultural and dynamic environment.