Our client, is a leading global professional services and technology company working with FTSE 500 companies and large organisations delivering value by engaging and managing their non-employee workforce, improving talent quality, procuring services, providing savings, and managing risk & compliance.
The Compliance Consultant will work cosily with key stakeholders and Senior Managers with the IR35 status of Independent Contractors and vendors, ensuring compliance with the legislation as well as local laws and regulations in the country in which they operate. On occasion, you will also support with vendor Compliance Screening across international locations. You are expected to meet response time deadlines with clear written and verbal communication and to escalate requests as necessary.
- Conveys and collects compliance documentation from Independent Contractors, Small firms and other applicable LTD Company vendors.
- Engaging with business managers to initiate and complete IR35 assessments for a variety of vendors in a fast-paced environment
- Assessing complicated, media and creative focused vendors and subcontractors in a timely manner
- Understanding when IR35 is applicable, if a service can be genuinely considered as outsourced and when a deeper review is required
- Regular, pro-active communication with the business on the status of reviews
- Communicates clear expectations of the compliance process to all stakeholders and vendors
- Possesses the ability to explain IR35 to stakeholders with little or no experience of the legislation
- Confidence to manage the expectations of stakeholders on timeframes and expectations
- Writing detailed IR35 summary to client stakeholders providing determination and evidence to support the outcome
- Experience with coordinating the IR35 dispute process
- Where onboarding is required following successful IR35 determination, clearly communicates the status to client service and any other stakeholder, escalating any delays as appropriate
- Is able to clearly explain and discuss on-boarding with PSC's, once assessed as inside IR35, including payroll options available
- Maintains relationships with client services that foster open communication and build foundations on which we can provide accurate and timely compliance support
- Updates and maintains the expired/expiring documents report for all Independent Contractors, Small firms and other applicable vendors based on account/workload assigned
- Supports client or audits by providing compliance documentation to client services or management upon request
- Supports on additional projects or ad hoc responsibilities as required
- Perform administrative duties or other assigned tasks such as but is not limited to, answering phones, electronic filing, and data entry
- Effectively conduct both verbal and written business communications.
- Consistently exhibit professional customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Follow, maintain and update the IR35 SOP "Standard Operating Procedures" for day-to-day procedures.
- Manage all assigned daily desk operations and as appropriate recommend new processes and enhance current process to strengthen efficiency.
- Utilise PRO's proprietary software, WAND, to facilitate all processes including contractor requests, financial approvals, renewals, offboarding, etc.
- Follow all required client and mandated procedures and policies.
- Provides an expedient, clear, and positive onboarding experience for Independent Contractors, Small firms and other applicable vendors.
This role benefits from the support of an experienced Program Manager who will work closely with you
in providing guidance and feedback as you develop and progress in your role. We are committed to our employees'
growth - we have formalised development programs and actively advertise our open positions
internally to support internal movement.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record
- Experience working in a compliance screening role
- Experience conducting IR35 assessments and providing determinations
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills