Finance/Accounting Assistant Manager, Makati City, Philippines
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of well trusted Japanese trading industry. Our respected client is seeking for an Accounting professional with supervisory or managerial experience in financial reporting, general ledger and taxation from multinational company. The job is based in Makati City, Philippines.
The Finance/Accounting Assistant Manager will be report to the General Manager of Finance and Administration. He will supervise the daily activities in the accounting department, analyze, record, track and audit financial information, and manage accounting staff members.
Key job responsibilities include:
* In depth knowledge about the policies of the company
* Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
* Assist in implementing and improving company policies and procedures
* Assist in implementing management points and audit findings from internal and external auditors
Supervision of staff
* Assist in training new staff on the current accounting and finance processes and system
* Acts as a negotiator, dealing with the employees of each level of the company. He should have high interactive skills so that he can efficiently tell his views to the employees and know their views.
* Assists in smooth running, management and performance of the team and organization
* Set example for team members of commitment, financial activities, work ethics, habits and personal character
* Contribute to training and development of the team
Accounting & Tax
* Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing of books.
* He also performs the administrative tasks and also corresponds with the customers
* Supervises staff in processing and payment of local and foreign payables
* Assist in/supervise preparation of journals, account reconciliations specially bank and inventory reconciliation
* Prepares/Reviews all tax returns and supervises timely and accurate payment
* Assist in/prepares retirement accrual and income tax return computation
* Reviews/prepares BIR and KPMG audit requirements
* Can handle BIR and BOC audits Oversee local and foreign payable and receivable transactions and make sure that payment/collection is done on a timely basis. Knowledge in dealing with the vendors and clear their balances
- Assist in ISO audits
- Assist in preparation of management internal reports for accounting and finance ( finanncial reports, forecasts for future business growth)
- Experience in implementing and using SAP ERP 6.0 and other systems
- Assists finance manager to manage the cash flow and supervise financial transactions within the company to ensure there are no discrepancies in reports.
- Assists in implementing AR Purchase transactions
The Marginal function of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employees will be required to follow any other job related duties required by the manager.
- BA/BS in Business major in Accounting, CPA is required
- Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting,general ledger and taxation of a multinational Company.
- Experience working in an auditing firm and trading Company is preferred.
- Must be PC proficients and able to thrive in a fast pace setting.
- Experience with SAP ERP 6.0 or other large automated accounting system
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Detail oriented. Typically, employers require a bachelor's or master's degree, as well as the following abilities:
- Analytical skills - to identify trends in data, spot inaccuracies, and work with accountants to develop strategies to reduce taxes by analyzing company tax reports
- Organization - good organization skills and prioritization ensure that tasks are completed on time and files can be found easily
- Computer skills - to use database software and accounting programs
- Integrity - entrusted with companies' confidential financial data, assistant finance managers are expected to display integrity and confidentiality
- Communication skills - working with colleagues, clients, and auditors on a regular basis, assistant finance managers are clear communicators with a friendly disposition and a professional demeanor
- Interpersonal, Supervisory and Customer Service skills s -highly skilled in interacting with the employees and thus should have good command over the English language
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence. If you are a suitable match for this position, please send your application to