Customer Development Manager
Field based role for the North East & Newcastle region
£40 - £45,000 + car allow + benefits
Join this well known consumer drinks business to take on an exciting opportunity to develop and execute their customer plans in the North East region. You will be responsible for optimising volume, revenue and profit amongst an exciting range of Free Trade customers.
Reporting to the Regional Controller, key responsibilities will include:
* Meet agreed business objectives in new and existing accounts, through maximising profit and distribution
* Build and develop relationships with customers, wholesalers and stakeholders
* Achieve targets for both profit and sales growth over an agreed budgeted time frame and in line with your region objectives.
* Develop & deliver robust account plans in the Free Trade customer accounts for the next 1-3 years that drive business growth and share (including strategy and tactics and bottom-up promotional program by customer).
* Establish and execute pricing strategy in accounts as necessary
* Grow share range and distribution in region through specific targets
* Conduct full evaluation of investment and promotional activity in line with Value Management principles and tools
* Manage & optimise debt risk and cash flow
* A passion for tracking customer management through My district
* Use of FIT to help generate a plan that will deliver annual objectives
* Ensuring Operation Standards are exceeded
Experience and Key Attributes required:
* You will demonstrate true entrepreneurial spirit, someone comfortable with ambiguity, capable of thinking big, passion that inspires a multifunctional cross functional team to unlock barriers - someone who embraces change and takes a positive attitude in every situation and challenge.
* You will need a huge desire to make a material difference and will possess the tenacity to have the tough conversations that make things happen.
* Able to bring clear focus for a dispersed team, whilst setting high standards of execution in others and ensuring their team maintains these standards right through to customer
* Performance and results focused - able to deliver against challenging targets and timescales
* Passionate about the business and driven to deliver for the organisation
* Intellectual horsepower to be able to work cross functionally and lead/contribute to given projects
* Results oriented with a passion for driving initiatives to completion and delivering on all commitments
* High levels of Integrity and Initiative - Agile/Street Smart/Entrepreneurial to respond to changes in the market or internally
* Able to develop accountability down the structure and enable teams to drive their part of the business without unnecessary interference
Please get in touch with a short intro about how your experience fits the role.