A leading wholesaler requires an experienced Administrator to assist the Customs Compliance Support Coordinator and Senior European Trade Compliance Specialist in import and export activities to ensure compliance with customs laws and regulations. The position will audit, maintain records and perform activities associated with the Company's various Customs initiatives throughout Europe.
- Assisting in processing the company's customs bonded warehouse movements and ensuring accurate timely filing of storage, re-export, import and transit declarations to meet logistics delivery schedules within their SLA's.
- Ensuring accurate record keeping and processes are in places to maintain Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) status.
- Auditing commercial documents prior to export AES filings.
- Identifying issues with incorrect documentation and following process in order to correct.
- Assisting with monthly audits.
- Assisting in updating the Company's compliance policy and procedure manual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience of using SAP system is essential
- Experience of working in shipping/logistics/customs with an understanding of inbound and outbound shipping a strong advantage.
- Advanced in Microsoft Office applications (a.o. Excel)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to manage own time
- Proactively seeks out and recommends improvements in current processes
- Ability to complete assignments accurately and within specified time frames, with minimal supervision and direction