Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf on one of biggest global insurance companies for their Shared-Service tech arm. Our respective client is looking for a Data Engineer (Senior). This job is based in Makati and currently in a hybrid setup.
The Data Engineer (Senior) will become a part of a pioneering team under the company's tech arm. The role will be responsible for leading the development of business continuity, recovery plans, and security within the shared service teams.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Implement ETL pipelines in Azure cloud environment for reporting and analytics projects
- Monitor and support existing BAU pipelines in Azure cloud platform
- Provide infrastructure support to Azure cloud platform users as a part of the admin team
- Perform BAU activities including the monitoring of the existing data pipelines, issue investigation and defect fixing
- Implement ETL pipelines for reporting or data science project in Azure cloud environment
- Liaise with BI developers, data scientists and business units on project delivery and infrastructure support
- Conduct proof of concept on new use cases or component provision
- Provide ideas and suggestions in continuous improvement of the data platform - such as operationalization, DevOps, monitoring and security
Key Job Qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in data engineering/ cloud.
- Experience or knowledge in ETL/ data streaming solution implementation for reporting and analytics
- Experience and/or knowledge in data modeling, data transformation, data warehousing and data lake
- Proficient in at least one of the following languages: pyspark, scala, SQL
- Good communication in English
Nice to Have:
- Experience and/or knowledge in Azure solutions - Azure SQL DB, Azure Storage Account, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, etc.
- Experience in ETL pipeline implementation in Databricks
- Experience and/or knowledge in BI solutions such as Tableau and PowerBI