Data Modeler (3+ years' experience)
Initial 12 month contract + extensions
Nijmegen or Eindhoven, Netherlands / Remote Working (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
Provides secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, our client is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 31,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $11.06 billion in 2022.
Department / Project:
Our client has initiated a strategic investment in modernizing its Digital Infrastructure. One of the key pillars of this Digital Transformation is the Enterprise Data Initiative which aims at maximizing the power of data to make informed decisions, service our customers, enhance employee experience & growth.
We are establishing the foundations of our Data domains and activating a 1st pilot with our R&D/Product creation data domain. For this team, we are looking for a Data modeler who can engage with the different stakeholders in the company. You will be part of the CTO Office Analytics and Program Support Team, that is a key driver of the Product Creation data domain pilot project.
As the Data modeler, you are accountable and responsible for developing Data models, starting with the R&D/Product creation data (i.e. Project, Product, Technology, Portfolio) and its related data products.
Your key responsibilities are:
* Transform business information into models by engaging with the business users and soliciting their requirements
* Work with data architects to design databases that meet organizational needs, review data model design in IT projects
* Iteratively refine the conceptual, logical, and physical data models
* Create and maintain Data model for data domains and data products
* Define and govern data modeling and design standards, tools, best practices, and related development methodologies
* Set standards for document naming, security, and lifecycle & retention architecture
* Improve efficiency and outputs in reducing data redundancy, improving data movement across systems, making recommendations for standardization and proper data usage
* Communicate the benefits and return on investment for application and data product owners
To be successful in this role you shall have (MANDATORY):
* Expertise in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models, Database administration, Data Vault 2.0 & Dimensional Models.
* Deep knowledge of data domains and attributes, data product
* Sound experience in setting up and developing data products, organizational change, interacting with governance bodies in complex environments
* Ability to quickly learn and adapt modeling methods from case studies or other proven approaches.
* Have Master degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, or Management Information Systems or Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics or related field
* Minimum 3 years of experience in the industry or a service company in close relation with technology, Data modeling and value generation
* Data analysis and UML tools (e.g. ERWin, ER/Studio, Lucidchart, Power Designer)
* SQL and/or PL/SQL
* RDBMS platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, Teradata, and Oracle Database)
* Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas
* Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) to represent insights
* Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio
Furthermore, you are expected to (NICE TO HAVE):
* Experience with AWS/Azure as a nice-to-have
* Experience with Semiconductor industry as a nice-to-have
* Persistent and assertive personality with pro-active attitude and can-do mindset
* Ability to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
* Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work as part of a team and be independent
* Good analytical skills and solution-based thinking
* Being able to work with deadlines