Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of the most extensive, adopted, and in-depth integrated online platform built for the maritime industry.
Our respected client is seeking an experienced Data Scientist of the highest professional standing and a background in Accuracy in Classification and Ensuring Scalable Algorithms for the job of Data Scientist.
The Data Scientist will report directly to the Head of Data Systems and is responsible in driving the machine learning framework of the company to lead an advanced data insights strategy. The role will involve close coordination with the Product Team and Data Systems Team. The job is in Ortigas, Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines, and offers a Hybrid work arrangement (reports onsite every Thursday, mid-shift).
Key job responsibilities:
- Manage data collection, preprocessing and analysis.
- Build frameworks or models to address business problems.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Collaborate with Service Management and Industry Insights Data Operations Teams to discuss the developmental work, and outcome and present business insights for usage.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Undertake preprocessing of structure and unstructured data.
- Develop predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
- Combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
Key job requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor's/ College Degree
- Must have 3-5 years of industry experience in coding using R or Python with documentation for reproducibility
- Has strong familiarity knowledge with statistical software packages such as R, Python, SAS and Scala as well as different end-to-end data science and advanced analytics tools such as Microsoft Azure Machine Learning
- Experienced in data mining
- Strong background of statistical and mathematical techniques
- Experience in deploying machine learning models in a web application
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Attention to details
- Good analytical skills