Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a British MNC and a world leader in manufacturing and delivering pigments and performance additives. Our highly respected client is seeking a technical professional, with at least 5 years' experience in process plant responsible of control and electrical for the job of DCS Control Engineer. They will be reporting to the Reliability Manager and be based in Kemaman, Terengganu.
- All duties are to be always carried out with the company and its counterparts in. Asia, EHS, business conduct policies and guidelines.
- Ensure safe and effective maintenance by the application of EMPAS system, condition monitoring, scheduled maintenance, multi- skill and Permit To Work (PTW).
- Contribute to achieve the production target by assisting in trouble shooting of equipment breakdown and process problems.
- Control engineers develop as minimum skills in specific control disciplines such as:
- advanced process control (APC);
- distributed control systems (DCS);
- programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Burner Management system (BMS)
- Server & Alarm management
- Develop and improve plant equipment by adhering to engineering standards, designing, installing, and commissioning new plant/modification to improve plant efficiency.
- Ensure that Control maintenance cost meets the budget by proper monitoring and control of expenditure.
- Contribute to maintenance efficiency to support high productivity and motivation of Control team through fair performance appraisal, active involvement in Manufacturing Improvement Plan, resolving career development and personnel issues.
- Any other relevant activities to department as and when required based on operational need.
Key job requirements include:
- Degree holder in Control & Instrumentation Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in process plant (chemical or oil & gas).
- Exposure to Delta V system (software & hardware) is a MUST and knowledge RS3 (Rosemount system) is an added advantage.
- Understands basic business model, how a business creates added value and uses and interprets basic financial information.
- Understands how team activities impact upon upstream/downstream parts of business.
- Local standards, work systems and procedures, including EHS, HR, Quality.
- Teamwork, motivation, delegation, communication, and presentation.
- Benchmarking team performance.
- Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of applicable Regulation and the Site safety, health and Environmental Management Systems.
- Knowledge of potential hazards associated within and outside of immediate area of work on the plant.
- Knowledge and understanding of key safety management systems, such as PPE, Risk Assessment, PTW, JSA, PSM and other key processes.
- Understanding of the implications of EHS standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of Site Emergency Plan, and specific individual role involved if appropriate