Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a well-established organization that works towards elevating lives through a comprehensive approach that champions best practices in community development. They are looking for an experienced Operations Professional exposed in banking, financial services, or microfinancing industry. They are looking for a Senior professional well-versed in Strategic Leadership, Operational excellence, stakeholder management, and human resource development. The job is based in Cebu City, Philippines.
The primary function of the COO is to provide the overall leadership, guidance, and direction to achieve an effective and efficient performance thereby ensuring business sustainability and growth. She is able to design and develop strategic and operational strategies and systems to support her primary role and functions. She works and coordinates closely with other teams and departments. She will be accountable in fostering the high-touch and high-tech strategic directions of the business. She should see to it that she is able to develop effective and empowered operations team.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Provide the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the operations have the proper operational controls, administrative/reporting procedures, and people / systems in place to effectively grow and sustain the business and ensuring financial strength, operating efficiency and social impact;
- Support the executive management team in creating and implementing a shared vision for the organization and establishing an environment that facilitates and motivates employees in working toward achievement of operational and organizational goals.
- Ideates and participates in long-term strategic planning meetings.
Program/Business Effectiveness and Impact
- Oversees the implementation of the units' business plans, programs, strategies, and forecasts.
- Works with individual division heads to obtain their commitment and ensuring that each function stays supportive and cooperative in meeting the goals of the operations.
- Oversees the functions and effectiveness of the various regional district, area and branch operational performance.
- Supervises direct reports of the entire department.
- Consults with the Chief Executive Officer or President on policy changes and matters concerning significant changes in strategic direction or operating plans, potential legal exposure, and material changes in the department's financial plans or position. 6. Oversee risk management and legal activities: letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements 7. Ensure full compliance with the existing policies of the company, especially Operations Policies (compliance/prevention) 8. Oversee credit and risk control's policy adherence in operational areas (standardized implementations). 9. Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Communicates to the team members regarding the performance capabilities and impact of each direct reports starting from district to regional level. 11. Troubleshoots and strategizes to address departmental and organizational challenges
- Assure and demonstrate that financials, asset utilization, quality and client satisfaction are headed in the right direction.
- Coordinates with the Office of the
- Creates a departmental budget for review by the ExeCom and board of directors.
- Determines staffing and resource requirements.
Stakeholder's & Relationship Management
- Demonstrates positive and meaningful engagement with all clients, customers and stakeholders of the business;
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Board members and department heads;
- Brand Ambassador
- Coordinates with the Marketing department in designing and developing plans to increase market penetration, saturation and expansion.
Human Resource Development
- Works with the Human Capital Department to ensure the Operations Department meets it staffing needs, as well as organizational and team competencies. The COO makes the final call on hiring, disciplining or terminating employees with leadership and supervisory functions;
- Develop and assess people relative to having the right people in the right jobs to achieve operational and organizational policies.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline/stream of the right people for succession and supporting goals and strategies.
- Contributes to the creation and stewardship of organizational culture and ethos, both internally and externally
Key job requirements include:
- A Master's degree in a business management/administration/management or business related field
- Has worked in a senior management role for 5+ years in a bank and or socially responsible organization with progressive experience leading to at least three years-experience in operational/administrative management
- Demonstrates experience in financial planning and analysis with previous experience overseeing credit operations, human resources, information technology, and marketing