Design Lead (Primary) - Substation (Electrical) - based in Jakarta
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Indonesia is recruiting on behalf of a leading multinational company with a core focus on electrical products. As expansion continues, our client is seeking a professional with at least 10 years' experience in electrical design for the job of Design Lead (Primary) - Substation (Electrical). The job is based in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Timely Delivery of Engineering Drawings & Documents
- Ensure deliveries are aligned to Project Schedule
- Seek and obtain spatial requirements and details of cut-outs and openings from the Design Lead (Secondary) and incorporate into relevant Drawings
- Review primary drawings prepared by Design Engineers & Draughtspersons & checking of design & sizing calculations of primary engineering electrical equipment and obtaining approvals from the client
- Review of Vendor deliverables pertaining to Primary Engineering
- Capable of Multitasking and deliver multiple things on time
- Estimate and Plan man-hour requirements
- Review BOQ and submit to contracts team and providing technical clarifications
- Coordinate with multiple disciplines for ensuring inter-departmental checks
- Provide support & clarifications to the Site Execution team
- Check pre-award evaluation of vendor offers (with respect to technical specifications requirement of the Client) and forward the validation document to Supply Chain Management
- Inspect equipment from the finalized vendor after submission of validation document of the vendor
· Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
· Have detailed knowledge of Substation equipment and their Layouts.
· Understanding of primary engineering activities covering SLD Preparation, Layout Engineering, Earthing, Cable Routing, Lighting, Lightning Protection, Cable Tray Routing etc
· Capable of performing design & sizing calculations of Busbar, UPS, DG, Low Voltage Transformer, Earthing Conductor, calculations (Short circuit force, Sag tension, CCC etc.)
· Required to have knowledge on National and International Codes and Standards
· Have an overall understanding of the inter-disciplinary (Civil & Structural, Mechanical and Instrumentation) design aspects of electrical equipment
· General awareness of Dialux and MS Office.
· Desirable awareness of ETAP, PSCAD & CYMGRD
· Preferred Skills : Candidates with experience in Engineering of Projects in Middle East Countries (UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait) , Africa and Asian Countries