The Role Responsibilities
The development team is a world class technology group in the company and provides technical solutions to support the bank's Financial Markets business as well as support requirements from other projects with a wider scope such as regulatory books of work. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in financial markets domain. The culture is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents to pursue.
As a Developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in SG and working in a dynamic global team with business analysts, project managers, business stakeholders and other technical experts across multiple locations.
- Functional Programming experience in Haskell is mandatory
- Front office development experience is plus
- Experienced developers with previous experience in the end-to-end design, especially in development and support of large-scale data processing systems.
- Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, and various functions
- Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment
- Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort with the business
- Interact with the business users to gather the requirements
- Design smart and scalable solutions following the bank standards
- Coordinate with other teams in Technology
- Provide second line support
- Write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why.
- An excellent developer with good software design principles, someone who writes robust code along with accompanying test suites.
- Be a self-starter and be able to quickly grasp and understand existing software.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Financial Market domain knowledge, related with FX and IR derivatives is plus
- Experience/familiarity with control processes for FM platforms.
- Investment banking is a strong plus
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter, autonomous
- Good team spirit
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignments
- Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.
- Strong Haskell and Java skills
- Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large-scale data processing systems
- Familiarity and confidence working in an "agile" development environment.
- Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 3 years hands on development with investment banking IT experience or other technology area
- Haskell is required, Scala, Java or other functional programming experience is a plus
- Strong understanding on Data structure and Algorithm
- Scripting programming in Linux shell is a plus.
- SCRUM and Agile.
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684