Development Engineer Photonic Device Fabrication
Initial freelance contract till the end of the year + extensions after
Our client's Sensors and Actuators Technology department is developing next generation photonic devices on silicon, glass and other non-traditional substrates for integration into tomorrow's AR/VR and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for an R&D development engineer to support our cleanroom lab processing. You will actively participate in the definition and the development of process steps to realize working devices, in close collaboration with photonic design and characterization teams. For this challenging task, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with good technical skills in chemical/physical vapor deposition, photo-lithography and etch techniques.
- Deposition of thin films from solution and vacuum, using in particular tools like spin-coating, chemical/physical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition.
- Photolithographic patterning of the deposited layers.
- Hybrid integration of glass and silicon electronics.
- Development of new material integration schemes and techniques.
- Autonomous characterization: Electrical characterization of device structures; Physical characterization of the deposited layers
Required knowledge and skills
- You have a Master's degree or equivalent experience in Chemistry, Materials or nano-technology.
- You have experience with process equipment. Experience with processing in a high-tech laboratory environment, such as a semiconductor-industry fab, is a plus.
- You have experience working in a cleanroom environment.
- You have experience and good understanding of photolithography.
- You have experience with physical and electrical characterization techniques, such as AFM, SEM, current-voltage measurements,...
- Experience of processing of photonic devices is a plus.