Interactive One (www.interactiveone.com) is powered by the mission to create an online community that provides rich content and digital products that engage, entertain and inspire the lives of African Americans.
We are the #1 digital platform for the Multi-Cultural Millennials, reaching millions of users each month through a suite of content, social, and local radio offerings. iOne owns and operates a number of branded destinations, including HipHopWired (Hip Hop x Technology), GlobalGrind (Millennials), HelloBeautiful (Women), MadameNoire (Women's Lifestyle), NewsOne (Affluent), Bossip (Celebrity News & Gossip) and TheUrbanDaily (Men), as well as social networking sites such as BlackPlanet, and more than 50 local radio sites. Interactive One was launched in 2008 by Radio One, Inc. [NASDAQ: ROIA and ROIAK, radio-one.com] to complement its existing portfolio of media companies targeting Black Americans.
Interactive One is a digital solutions company for the New America. We offer an array of audiences (Women, Men, Affluent, and Millennial) to support marketers' advertising objectives.
The Director of Ad Ops will be numbers-focused and analytical to successfully support Sales, Account Management, Trafficking, Publisher, and Programmatic teams, helping us attain the next level of excellence, deliver critical insights for leadership, and ensure we are the best in class from an operational perspective. You will strategically and tactically partner with the VP of Rev Ops as you monitor operations for our revenue-generating activities. You will be responsible for maximizing revenue growth through developing, implementing, and maintaining go-to-market strategies, programs, systems/tools, and initiatives. The ideal candidate must have a compassion for data-driven analysis and insights. This role is a consultative position in which creativity and flexibility are required to find optimal solutions.
- Monitor direct campaign delivery to make sure the campaigns reach the target audience, run smoothly, and exceed clients' expectations
- Address day-to-day issues and questions from clients and internal personnel and assist with troubleshooting technical issues, ad serving errors, and reporting discrepancies
- Work with the various CTV streaming platforms on integrations and ad server management on campaign delivery
- Partner with the Sales, Audience Development, and Data teams on building and managing first-party data strategy
- Oversee relationship with the DMP and project manage the deployment and activation of DMP and other data technology solutions
- Develop quantitative analysis, ad hoc reports, and models to support decision-making
- Lead rollout of ad trafficking changes
- Works with Creative Service and Products on improving ad product offerings - including execution, testing, and development of new ad products
- Identify, prioritize, and support the execution of strategic growth initiatives by working cross-functionally with Marketing, Sales, Products, Programmatic, and Account Managment teams
- Manage outsourced Ad Ops team
- Provide day-to-day backup support to the Ad Ops team, as well as stand-in for team members during times of absence
- Critically evaluate our current processes, overhauling these where necessary to drive efficiencies and improve team performance
- Assist in maintaining and improving our CRM system, Quickbase, to improve the team's productivity by simplifying/streamlining processes and enabling our team to work smarter
- Monitor all of our inventory from display, video, CTV, audio, social, and email to maximize yield
- Identify new revenue opportunities and optimization strategies
- Ensure the accuracy of inventory forecasts through detailed analysis and regular updates
- Analyze campaign performance and industry data to deepen our understanding of trends, deliver actionable insights, and make tactical recommendations for achieving revenue goals
- Assist in the evaluation of existing and new ad tech vendors
- Maintain a positive attitude while being solutions-oriented
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Deep understanding of publisher monetization technologies for display, video, CTV, and audio.
- Experience working with data management platforms (e.g., Lotame, Permutive, etc.) and analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, comScore, etc.).
- Data-driven thinking and excellent quantitative skills
- Have a core operational understanding of critical campaign components such as brand safety guidelines, ad viewability, and filtering for suspicious and/or fraudulent media activity.
- Analytical, data-driven mindset with proven experience with data modeling
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Self-starter who can bring past Ad Ops experience to the table
- Strong project management skills preferred
- Strong cross-team collaborator
- Strong ability to multi-task across multiple high-priority deliverables with tight deadlines
- Excellent organization, communication, and analytical skills
- Highly organized and exceptionally detail-oriented
- Demonstrated communication, client and time management, negotiation, conflict resolution, and presentation skills.
- Positive and customer-centric attitude
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in advertising, marketing, and/or communications
- 5+ years in an ad operations, business planning, or sales support management role
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office (specifically Google shared docs and PowerPoint)
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
COMPANY CORE VALUES:
- We believe in ideas that matter. To our clients. To the audiences we serve. To us. We don't care about the size of the idea as long as it makes a meaningful difference.
- We challenge everything. No thought. No point of view. No industry convention. Nothing is off limits. No idea is too great to be challenged when it comes to exploring ways to make things better.
- We have high expectations. We require the most out of each other because we know that the highest levels of achievement cannot take place without the highest levels of expectations.
- We take risks. Not any risks, but smart risks. The type of risks that can propel us to new heights. We embrace failure as long as we are aiming for the mountaintops and finding new lessons in the instances where we happen to fall short.
- We are humble giants. We are the best at what we do without the cockiness to go along with it. We are nice people who sit confidently at the top of our craft. To us, actions will always speak louder than words.
- We take care. Of our responsibilities. Of the work. Of our reputation. And most of all, of each other. Beyond being accountable, we are committed to never let each other fail. We partner until the work tells us it's done. No agenda is higher than the one uniting us all.
Job Description Approved:
I have read and understand my responsibilities.
Note: The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, or qualifications for the people so qualified. It is not intended to limit or modify in any way, the right of any manager to assign, direct, and control the work of the employees under their supervision. The most recently dated job description on file in Human Resources will be considered the official job description.