The executive search firm, Monroe Consulting Group Philippines, is recruiting on behalf of a holding company based in Taguig, Philippines. Our reputable client is currently seeking a Division Controller with a CPA and MBA who has previously held a Controller position or an equivalent role in a big company or a similar industry.
About the role:
The Division Controller is responsible for providing leadership and management of accounting and financial operations with his assigned Division and the member companies under the division. This includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of adequate system in accounting records/budgets, as well as the establishment of a comprehensive set of internal controls in the form of policies and procedures, risk management standards and other work processes that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The incumbent shall oversee the planning, implementation, and control of all financial related activities in the Division to support business objectives.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Initiates /sets the development or creation of medium to long term budget/financial plans and forecasts in line with the Division's (and MCs under the Division) operational strategies, including the implementation plans for process/policy and system changes.
- Facilitates the Business Planning process related to finance/accounting in the Division (and MCs under the Division) /among assigned teams.
- Presents/Communicates/Meets with all levels in the organization including other concerned stakeholders to produce timely, efficient, and accurate management and accounting/financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Calls for and presides over Divisional Finance / Accounting meetings to address key issues and to cascade important information.
- Collaborates and partners with the Division President/s and Heads of MCs regarding financial management, strategy formulation and risk management.
- Leads, manages, and oversees the development and analysis of profitability and other financial performance metrics among the Member Companies in the division.
- Ensures the proper implementation of financial/accounting practices and standards among Member Companies in the division.
- Analyzes/Studies the effect of current and new government/statutory financial/accounting practices and regulations to ensure correct application and compliance.
- Works closely with the Chief Accountants/Finance Heads/DCFO in the analysis and reconciliation of accounts/reports, including the development and implementation of financial/accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Validates financial projections and feasibility of new projects and investments of Member Companies in the division.
- Makes recommendations for changes as needed and ensures that relevant accounting/finance policies and procedures are instituted the division.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing finance/accounting work methods and processes to continually improve efficiency and productivity.
- Regularly monitors direct reports' performance through conduct of regular and timely performance evaluation as well as coaching sessions appropriate to the needs of the individual (to improve performance, correct a bad behavior, or further success)
- Ensures that each direct report has an Individual Development Plan (IDP), and reviews and approves the IDPs for the rest of the team/department members.
- Prioritizes and aligns the activities of the assigned teams given current and/or changing company/division/cluster/corporate goals and directions.
- Selects or identifies the appropriate metrics to drive the intended behavior and performance results among finance/accounting or other assigned teams.
Key job requirements include:
- CPA licensed [Certified Public Accountant] with bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, and with post graduate degree in business or financial management/ MBA.
- More than 5 years' relevant experience in accounting /financial field; ideally with at least 3 years relevant industry experience and at least 1 year as a Controller
- Strong experience in financial statement preparation, budgeting, payroll, purchasing, accounts payable and accounts receivable, or the equivalent.
- Adept in application of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws, and regulations; financial and /or accounting management systems.
- Compliance to statutory and reporting regulations including internal company standards.
- Managing finance and accounting teams /organization. Instituting financial policies or process.
- Excellent written and spoken English communication and presentation skills.
- Pro-active and dynamic who can cope in fast -paced environment.