Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of an MNC in EPCC of chemical plants. Our client is seeking a technical professional with at least 4 years' experience in electrical and instrumentation for the job of Electrical & Instrumentation Engineer. The job is based in Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting in projects for EPCC of chemical plants throughout Malaysia. Travelling expected is up to 10% as this role will be mainly office based. This position reports to the E&I Manager.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Assist E&I Manager in various Chemical Project.
- Assist and inspect all E&I related works at the project site.
- Provide Technical Support to all E&I related workgroup at the project site.
- Coordinate and meet with the client for any site instruction and inspection of works at the project site.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Test for MCC and OCC Panels.
- Assist and coordinate the setup of automation system.
- Submit site daily reports, inspection request and all monitoring report on a regular basis or as required.
- Assist in client's site installation and perform pre-commissioning loop checks and commissioning activities at project site.
- Assist the actual execution of all electrical and instrumentation related works of the projects to ensure the projects are done with approved drawings, documentation, and specifications.
Key job requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- IT background is an added advantage - i.e., handling server and systems, configuration, etc.
- At least 4 years' experience in E&I.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/PLC Programming is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a proactive team player in combination with a strong self-supporting / independent character.
- Good presentation and communication skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Malay.