Electrowetting researcher for life science technologies
Initial 6 month freelance contract + extensions
In this assignment the selected candidate will be contributing to concept formulations for novel devices for our life science application demands.
We are looking for a scientist/engineer with knowledge of electrowetting platforms and related topics. The candidate will:
- Contribute to concept formulations for novel devices for the life science application demands
- Perform analytical calculations and multidisciplinary simulations to evaluate concepts of devices and systems and perform the device design accordingly.
- Design device measurement schemes and perform multidisciplinary measurements to test the functionality of microfluidic devices for certain assays.
- Work effectively in simultaneous projects, adapting to new projects, following timelines agreed with customers and report the results internally and externally.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers, and biologist.
Required knowledge and skills
- You have a PhD degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience,
- You have solid theoretical understanding of the physics involved in electrowetting.
- You have practical experience with devices using those techniques.
- You are skilled in modelling and simulation, such as COMSOL or ANSYS.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.