Embedded Software Engineer, Onsite, $150,000-$170,000 (USD) base + package
If you are interested in working on advanced robotic and 3D vision systems and being a part of the Industry 4.0/5.0. This is a great postition for you to explore.
My client is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer, you will lead the firmware design and development efforts for their 3D machine vision product. You will be working closely with a cross-functional team to design and develop an AI-based machine vision system that empowers the robotics with "brain" and "eyes".
This role is for people who have or want to make the sacrafice of working at a start up. My client knows this sacrafice is not for everyone, but if you are keen to learn more about this opportunity please reach out.
- Be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and supporting firmware for our 3D vision systems.
- Develop a high-speed camera unit for 3D machine vision application utilizing an intel FPGA as the interface board to connect to the main processing unit directly.
- Integrate third-party IP for receiving high-speed data (>20Gbs) from acquisition sensors, pre-processing the raw image format to a custom format which requires integrating high bandwidth memory read/write API development as well as performing algorithmic manipulation of data formats.
- Develop high-speed output interfaces to transmit data to our core processing unit without frame drop, minimizing jittering and maintaining the required bandwidth.
- Program hardware interfaces in Verilog to configure timer clocks as well as generate high-speed trigger signals to synchronize between sensors and illumination sources.
- Develop libraries for board-level communication interfaces (e.g., SPI, I2C, UART, etc.) Between sensors, illumination unit controllers, external API, and HMI modules.
- Improve system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- 3+ years of strong hands-on experience in firmware development including design, development, hardware validation, and debugging.
- Excellent C++ programming skills.
- Experience developing IP core with high-speed transceiver interface (e.g. connecting intel transceivers to an external medium such as PCIe or ethernet interfaces).
- Experience in programming and debugging embedded systems and microcontroller peripherals including I2C/SPI/UART, ADC, etc.
- Experience with Linux environment including kernel level development (device drivers, memory management, file management, etc.), inter-process communication, networking (TCP/IP, EtherCAT), and camera interfaces such as SLVS-EC and MIPI-CS-2 are a plus.
- Agility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience developing firmware for cameras.
- Experience developing firmware for electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience working in large software codebases.
- Experience working with JIRA for Task/Project Management and Agile methodology.
We are an equal opportunity employer who offers:
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits for you and your family
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Flexible PTO
- Weekly team lunches
- The chance to work with robots!