Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don't just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in - the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer's needs. Join us.
Our clients Large Power Systems Division currently is looking for an Engineering Specialist for Dual Fuel Engine Development. The Engineering Specialist will be responsible for developing calibration for Dual Fuel Engines that meets customer and regulatory requirements. You will work with NPI and NTI product team members to support concept evaluation, recipe selection, engine performance improvement efforts, and field data analysis for early issue detection and resolution.
The role will be an Engineering Specialist, which includes:
- Develop engine test plans, perform complex analysis, and deliver technical reports.
- Provide technical support and input to assist in the closure of product issues through the NPI and CPI process.
- Support hardware recipe evaluation and software strategy development.
- Coordination with Emissions Regulations and Compliance team relative to new software and program requests, including necessary certification documentation, data files, and AECD documents.
- Provide technical mentoring to team of calibration engineers.
- Communicate technical information to leadership and internal customers.
- The individual should be focused on continuous improvement of processes, methods, and tools relative to engine performance and validation.
- The individual must have a Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering field with 8 - 10 years of relevant engineering work experience developing engine systems or a Master's degree in engineering with 6+ years of relevant engineering work experience developing engine systems.
- Strong background in engine simulation and test analysis
- Ability to communicate complex technical information to broad audiences, using various leadership styles to gain engagement as well as agreement on the path forward.
- The individual should be a self-starter, highly motivated, able to learn at an accelerated pace, and willing to put in the time to get the job done.
- Good teamwork, communication, analysis, and troubleshooting skills are required.
Top Candidates May Have:
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engine Performance or Controls
- Prior experience in Dual Fuel engine development.
- Proficiency in software tools like MATLAB, Canape, NI DIAdem.
- This position is located in Mossville, IL.
- Domestic Relocation is available for this position.
- Visa Sponsorship is available for this position.
APPLY NOW - INTERVIEWING IMMEDIATELY
Location: Mossville, Illinois (may require 10-20% travel)
(Domestic relocation assistance is available)
Comp: Strong market compensation including base/bonus/liquid RSUs/benefits.
(Visa transfer is available)
We are a leading consultancy for expansion in communications, content and emerging technology markets. We work in collaboration with growing organizations on exclusive assignments to find them the best talent in the industry.
If you're looking to push your career forward in an innovation-driven role with a dynamic, collaborative team that's solving real-world problems, then apply now.