Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a well-established multinational company in the automotive and manufacturing industry.
The winning candidate will be responsible in supporting sales for technical enquiries and application while securing and increasing profitable sales (Gross Profit/Sales) based on the company's product and service portfolio for the assigned regional and customer responsibility.
- To lead and supervise application engineering team in country.
- Manage local application engineering task to support business target.
- Assist Regional Engineering Manager to build up competence of application engineers and sales engineers in SEA region.
- Support sales and marketing staff with technical information about company's products
- Observe industry and competitor trends and report to Industry Sales Manager
- Establish contacts with key customers, providing technical consultancy, to secure and grow business.
- Report timely marketing information to management Technical.
- Lead and supervise local application engineering team.
- Provide application and engineering consultancy to key customers.
- Supervise product selection and calculation for customer applications.
- Provide advice on lubricants, sealing systems and installation for company's products.
- Supervise failure analysis and troubleshooting services to customers.
- Conduct product, application, and practical training seminars.
- Investigate bearing demands in specific industries and assist / liaise with Headquarters in product development for New Product opportunities.
- Provide support through Helpdesk or otherwise for Product interchanges and technical solution in Pre-sales stage.
- Report Technical activities at a defined interval to Management at the desired form.
- Liaise with Technical Office in regional and global headquarters on technical matters.
- Assist Regional Engineering Manager to organise and conduct technical training programmes to build up technical competency level of Application Engineers and Sales Engineers in SEA.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant industries.
- At least 6 years of product management / sales / technical experience, preferably in the Pulp & Paper, Metals, Mining, Cement, Water Treatment, Food & Beverage, Palm Oil, etc.
- Know-how of and experience in bearing technology and / or service background is a plus (e.g., certification for vibration analysis)
- Wide industrial application engineering experience
- Working knowledge of rotary and linear bearings, working knowledge of rotary machines.
- Vibration Analysis Level I ISO certification will be an advantage, though not mandatory.
- Strong analytical & enginering problem solving skills
- Able to maintain positive attitute and energy while interfacing with wide array of individuals and balancing multiple tasks.
- Competent in value-based selling techniques and strategic sales approach
- Independent, driven and pro-active to support/follow up with customers for order realization.
- Has good business perspective, and able to balance between technical & financal business models.
- Skilled in business negotiations and presentation of ideas
- Energetic and entrepreneurial with desired to meet/exceed targets/KPI.
- Strong communicator, and good interpersonal team player with the ability to relate to customers (internal/external) and get things done.
- "Hands-on" person who is customer orientated & result focused.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including CRM software such as Salesforce would be a plus.
- Willing to travel on short notice.
- Good spoken & written English and Malay. Mandarin would be advantageous.