Prepare medication pursuant to a valid prescription in a manner consistent with state and federal regulatory requirements and departmental policy.
Consult with the Pharmacist, administration and other personnel. Initiate appropriate action to correct problem areas and assist with/support interactions between pharmacy personnel, and customers.
Provide drug information to all patients, as well as, physicians, nurses and other clinical practitioners.
Participate actively in the development, maintenance, and control of drug Comply with and maintain inventory control procedures.
Supervise when needed the maintenance of appropriate stock levels. formally.
Support the adjudication of all prescription claims.
Handle controlled substances, maintain records and fulfill reporting responsibilities in a manner consistent with state and federal regulatory requirements and pharmacy policy.
Continuously participate in and support inspection of the pharmacy to insure that outdated, improperly stored, or excessive medications have been removed from inventory.
Act as a role model for fellow staff; professional in behavior and mannerism.
Additional duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Participation in staff meetings and new employee orientation and training programs.
- Attendance and participation in other programs, committees, meetings and functions as required by Berkshire Healthcare Systems.
- Performing daily or weekly maintenance functions for the department computer system.
- Assistance in maintaining and fostering customer relationships.
- Providing assistance to the Pharmacy Manager on issues relating to policy development or revision, as well as budgetary matters.
- Provides assistance to any fellow staff member, as required.
In addition to annual mandatory infection control education, employee follows appropriate departmental infection control procedures. If responsibilities include preparing compounded sterile preparations (CSP), the employee will participate in annual CSP training and sterility validation. In addition, employee will maintain IV compounding room in compliance with USP 797 regulations.
Unit dose delivery to automated dispensing technology.
Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
At least two years' experience required. Experience in long-term care institutional pharmacy preferred.
State pharmacy license required.
High school diploma or graduate equivalent degree.
COVID vaccine is a requirement