EA to COO - 1 year fixed term mat contract - City - £50-60K - starts asap
We have the most outstanding opportunity for an EA who is organisationally exceptional and super in attitude and commitment and relishes working at C-Suite on a 1:1 basis.
We are looking for a superb EA who is happy to be based in the City and work in a hybrid capacity, 9-5 with flexibility as the business demands, but generally 1 or days a week in the office and the rest from home, but of course, being flexible around this.
The role is working for an amazing COO who plays a vital role within a global behemoth of communication technology.
The role is exciting and affords a great opportunity to support at the highest level and really work closely with senior stakeholders throughout the business.
Committing to the contract for 1 year, you will have every chance to shine and become an integral member of the team.
Primary role purpose:
You will provide high quality business and personal executive assistance to the Chief Operations Officer (COO).
You will be an outstanding organiser, communicator and resilient problem solver who will work closely with the COO and other members of his team to understand the business priorities and ensure the smooth running of the function.
- Proactive mailbox management with ability to triage information and deal with things on behalf of the COO, utilising other members of the team where needed
- Ownership of an extremely busy work and personal diary
- Coordinating the annual cycle of external business and internal team meetings, ensuring agendas and materials are distributed in good time and that actions are logged and completed
- Support the production of business presentations and board reports
- Management of domestic and international travel plans, including visa documentation
- Liaise with leadership team members and other COO staff as appropriate to ensure actions are pursued/delivered, priorities are delivered
- Accountable for ensuring processes run smoothly and taking proactive steps to improve efficiency
- Liaison with internal and external senior stakeholders
You will build strong working relationships with other EAs and senior stakeholders across the group in order to coordinate across multiple diaries, geographies and time zones. You will also work closely with the direct reports of the COO in order to effectively plan and make time management decisions for a demanding schedule.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong track record of providing business and personal EA support in a fast paced environment with competing priorities
- Diligent with strong attention to detail and abilty to spot interdependencies on projects and deliverables
- Takes on challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm and remains flexible to juggle and re-plan when things change
- Can keep calm and bounce back when things go wrong
- Professional with good judgement and able to deal with confidential matters
- Tact and diplomacy to build rapport. Has the courage to hold others to account and is not afraid to push back to ensure the COO has the time to focus on the right things
- Curiosity for learning about the business and understands that this knowledge will make them a more effective EA who is able to pre-empt issues and proactively resolve them
- Comfortable making judgement calls independently - takes time to logically weigh up the pros and cons but does not procrastinate
- Customer focused with willingness to flex working pattern to deal with demands of the role when necessary
- Proficient at using Microsoft packages and is a quick study when it comes to learning internal systems and processes
Apply today for immediate screening. We are looking for applications from candidates who have excellent evidence of C-Suite delivery and are very team spirited and willing to go above and beyond, mirroring the values of this amazing business.