Executive Director, Head of Technology & Operations Assurance, T&O Governance & Assurance
Reporting to the T&O Risk Governance Assurance (TOGA) Head, as the successful candidate, you will play a pivotal role in the regional operations governance and quality assurance of the Bank's Technology and Operations Group, including overseas banking subsidiaries.
What you'll do
- Be instrumental in the design, enhancement and implementation of the risk-based targeted control reviews methodology and a governance framework of operating process and system of controls for retail, corporate and commercial banking, treasury and capital markets, investment management and securities operations, as well as in Technology functional areas.
- Lead the formulation and management of the targeted control review work plan and program for effective internal controls and checks on the Group's technology and operations and plays a crucial role to the alignment of the work plan with the overall objectives of Group T&O and contribution to the improvement of governance and control processes.
- Actively engage the Targeted Control Review teams in the region for the development and enhancement of their core competencies to equip them with the relevant and necessary expertise in their roles.
- Perform risk analyses and present key risks profile to Group T&O management on a timely basis of key issues, as well as facilitate discussions in regular risk forums. It is crucial to ensure regular reports for senior management are accurate and timely, and actions to address issues are effective and re-mediated on a timely basis.
- Armed with your knowledge and experience, review the areas of high risk to ensure adequate management controls are in place. Ensure T&O's and other key institutional policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- You'll understand the importance and the use of customer feedback to ensure policy, process and service issues are satisfactorily resolved and adequate preventive measures are put in place.
- You'll be a key liaison role with regulators, Internal Audit and external auditors, and manage operations audits in collaboration with Operations functional owners
- Good Honours degree holder in Banking, Finance or Accounting or in a Technology discipline with at least 15 years of working experience and at least 8 years in leadership positions; Equivalent experience and skills also considered.
- Proven and relevant experience in external or internal audit, risk management, compliance, financial control, operations functions or process management of a financial services institution is required;
- Additional professional qualifications in Accounting, Internal Audit, Risk Management is preferred.
- Experience in quality and/or process improvement or surveillance methodologies in banking operations will be favourably considered;
- Familiarity with governance control frameworks (COSO, COBIT, CMM) would be an advantage;
- Understanding of technology risks and controls and experience in integrated assurance reviews will be a plus.
- Technically competent and hands-on yet able to demonstrate strong leadership and supervisory skills to motivate and influence a team; has experience leading across regional teams to achieve team objectives;
- Adaptability in multi-cultural settings.
- A leader with the ability to drive results and the passion for excellence.
- A strategic thinker who has the organisational agility to handle ambiguity and yet able to focus and set strategic direction for the team.
- Ability to look at issues from multiple angles, the candidate should be able to appreciate diverse perspectives and complexity and ambiguity in management and strategic decisions.
- Possess the mental capacity and energy to sustain through difficulties and challenges, and the courage to raise issues and manage conflicts.
- Ability to handle diverse and multiple projects concurrently.
- Able to work with multiple stakeholders and large teams.
- Self-directed, self-motivated with the ability to take ownership for business unit goals, he/she should make sound decisions in a timely manner, use good judgement and keep initiatives moving.
- Possess strong verbal and written communications skills and with effective presentation skills.
Interested applicants, please email your CV in Microsoft Words format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Company Reg No.: 201131609D, Licence No.: 11C4684, Reg No: R1221146