Our client are a large telecommunications company that are deploying state of the art physical infrastructure for their customers core network and systems.
As a Data Center Engineer, you'll deploy and maintain their clients advanced Data Center and Network Infrastructure.
You will lead larger installations, and maintenance activities and develop project contingency plans for our customers, securing 100% network service availability.
In this role, duties range from the physical deployment of data center-related technology to working closely with the various vendors, suppliers and stakeholders and your role is to ensure the projects are successfully delivered.
- Manage, maintain, and execute preventive maintenance on water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution, and control monitoring
- Respond to data center performance issues and outages, inspect, maintain, and repair various data center systems (power supply, piping, air conditioning, heating/cooling, and non-critical electrical system components, etc), including On Call services based on rotating schedule among the Data Center
- Lead Data Center related projects and function as mentor for other colleagues of the Data Center team
- Work together with our clients Data Center team to develop and execute environmental, mechanical and electrical performance testing to have more comprehensive characterization of the efficiency of the data
- Close follow-up, supervise and provide guidance of contractors, vendors and supplier which are executing the work at the Data Centers review the work done on
- Install, maintain, and repair the cable infrastructures and fibre-optic networks, local area networks, Structured Cabling and copper connectivity within the Data Centers
- Be part of the Stand-by / On-Call schedule to support the 24hx7d schedule, required approximately in 1 week out of 4