Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading provider of live video monitoring solutions and specialize in proactive and intelligent video monitoring technology that can significantly improve threat detection and police response. The client is looking for an experienced Finance Director with expertise in Tax, Compliance, Finance & Accounting. Ideal candidate should be coming from the Shared Services/BPO Industry. The job is based in Ortigas, Pasig City, Philippines.
The Director/ VP of Accounting & Finance will be mainly responsible for managing all aspects of the company's financial operations.
This position is responsible for leading, planning and coordinating with all departments in relation to all accounting and finance activities as well as establishing and preserving accounting standards to ensure accurate and timely financial reports.
S/he will be responsible for maintaining the financial health of the organization.
Key job responsibilities include:
Framework and Processes
- Develops and implements a financial reporting framework through the monitoring and analyzing accounting data towards the preparation of required financial statements and regulatory / management reports.
- Develops and implements an expense processing and approval structure, including review of all payments, supplier processing, and maintenance of payment records and fixed asset registry.
- Establishes and enforces proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Develops internal controls and accounting procedures in accordance with industry best practices.
- Manages the cash flow of the entity, including forecasting of cash requirements in accordance with business projections.
- Coordinates with HR to ensure that payroll payments and reports are processed in a timely manner and are in line with required approvals.
- Reviews monthly payroll administration activities to ensure that all payroll transactions and deductions are accounted for.
- Coordinates with HR to process payroll activities such as employee benefits and claims while adhering to the company's HR policies and the relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop trends and projections for the company's finances.
- Review and evaluate potential cost-saving measures.
Documentation and Reports Management
- Manages the analysis, summarization, and maintenance of general ledger accounts and develops the chart of accounts for the company.
- Compiles and validates integrated accounts payable information for all functions of the company.
- Prepares analytical reports concerning revenue and expense variances for management review.
- Coordinates inter-departmental activities related to the preparation, consolidation, and review of periodic budgeting processes and forecasts.
- Interacts with budget owners and other stakeholders at all levels to generate timely, accurate month-end closes, as well as all internal management and financial reporting through annual reports.
- Ensures compliance with government regulations through filing all required periodical reports within specified time periods.
- Files reports necessary to comply with tax law and compliance with government regulations.
- Ensures recording and processing timely payment of tax liabilities.
- Liaise with auditors to maintain sufficient financial oversight of the business.
- Manage a team of finance and accounting professionals, providing leadership, guidance, and coaching to support their professional development.
- Manages of all Accounting Associates, including review of regulatory reports
Key job requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with CPA preferred.
- Proven experience as a Sr. Manager/ Director of Accounting and Finance
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and finance software.
- Statutory Audit exposure an advantage.
- Knowledge in TAX and PEZA requirements
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, ability to multi-task with great follow-up skills
- Has a strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships to effectively contribute to a highly collaborative and trust-based work environment
- Strong problem solving, decision-making skills
- Stakeholder Management