Executive search firm Monroe Consulting Group is recruiting on behalf of a global leader in construction industry. Our reputable client is currently searching for Finance Manager who is amenable to work in a day shift, onsite work arrangement. The office is located in Makati City.
About the role:
- Responsible for managing the financial operations of the company, ensuring financial stability and growth.
- Overseeing the budgeting process, analyzing financial data, and providing recommendations to senior management on financial decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Develop and maintain financial models to support business planning and forecasting (Accuracy of financial forecasts)
- Analyze financial data and provide insights to senior management (Number of actionable insights provided to senior management)
- Monitor and analyze key financial performance indicators and report on trends and variances (Percentage of budget variances identified and explained)
- Develop and implement financial strategies to improve the company's financial performance (Timeliness of financial reports)
- Review reports of securities transactions or price lists to analyze market conditions.
Budgeting and Expense Management
- Develop and manage the company's annual budget (Adherence to the budget)
- Monitor and control expenses to ensure adherence to the budget (Cost savings achieved)
- Implement cost-saving measures to improve profitability (Percentage of budget utilization for each department or business unit)
- Provide regular reports on budget performance to senior management (Number of budget revisions required)
Financial Reporting and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with financial regulations and laws (Accuracy and timeliness of financial reports)
- Prepare and submit financial reports to regulatory authorities (Number of regulatory compliance issues identified and resolved)
- Oversee the preparation of tax returns and financial audits (Number of financial audit findings and their severity)
- Develop and implement internal financial controls to ensure the integrity of financial data (Implementation of internal financial controls)
Cash Flow Management
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize cash flow (Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) or the average time taken to collect payment from customers)
- Forecast cash flow and develop cash management strategies (Days Payable Outstanding (DPO) or the average time taken to pay vendors and suppliers)
- Monitor and manage the company's cash balances and investments (Cash conversion cycle (CCC) or the time taken to convert cash invested into inventory into cash received from sales)
- Ensure that adequate funds are available for business operations and investment opportunities (Percentage of cash reserves compared to the company's financial obligations)
- Hire, train, and manage finance department staff (Employee turnover rate)
- Develop and implement performance metrics to measure the performance of finance department staff (Time-to-hire for open finance department positions)
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to staff to improve their skills and performance (Employee engagement and satisfaction)
- Develop succession plans for key finance department positions (Development of successors for key finance department positions)
- Plan, direct, or coordinate the activities of workers in branches, offices, or departments of establishments, such as branch banks, brokerage firms, risk and insurance departments, or credit departments.
- Establish and maintain relationships with individual or business customers or provide assistance with problems these customers may encounter.
- Network within communities to find and attract new business.
- Prepare operational or risk reports for management analysis.
- Prepare financial or regulatory reports required by laws, regulations, or boards of directors.
Key requirements include:
- Strong background in general accounting practices and principles.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a supervisory or managerial role within the accounting field.
- Holds a valid and current license relevant to finance or accounting (e.g., Certified Public Accountant).
- In-depth knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Proficient in financial analysis, including variance analysis and financial performance evaluation.
- Familiarity with financial systems and software, such as ERP systems and financial modeling tools.
- Excellent understanding of regulatory and compliance requirements related to finance and accounting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team, ensuring accurate and timely completion of financial tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to provide strategic financial guidance to senior management.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.