Executive search firm, Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting for a Finance Manager position on behalf of a prominent global provider of talent acquisition services. The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing the finance team that caters to the internal business needs of the company's Philippine operations. The ideal candidate should hold a CPA certification, possess a robust foundation in local taxation and audit practices, and demonstrate significant expertise in both people and client management. This position is based in Makati City, Philippines.
The Finance Manager will lead the finance delivery of the team, supporting the internal business, primarily for its Philippine operations. The role-holder will interact with a core team of finance staff in the Accounts payable, Credit Control, Treasury, Global Tax team and Management Accounts teams to maintain the general ledgers, prepare for and manage the monthly reporting processes and the financial year-end processes and ensure timely compliance with accounting policies and regional laws. Can handle the tax audit and annual audit independently. Responsible for ongoing reconciliations needed to ensure integrity of all P/L and B/S data, in event of any future tax audits.
Key job responsibilities include:
Financial & Operational Excellence
- Work with the APAC Regional Manager (Financial Accounting) to ensure the integrity of the accounting records.
- Control of balance sheet, including monthly reconciliation of all the control accounts and intercompany accounts across the group, working with the various finance and business functions on the validity of balance sheet transactions.
- Preparation of monthly reporting packs in Excel, collating data from a number of financial sources for inclusion in the group reporting pack
- Proactively manage all local tax issues, including tax audits, working with the global tax team
- Able to prepare the tax reconciliation working files.
- Work with auditor for annual FS audit to complete the statutory audit before deadline.
- Statutory financial reporting - key involvement in the year end and statutory reporting process for all legal entities worldwide
- Assist with tax reviews in all territories (including payroll taxes, VAT, Corporation Tax)
- Prepare VAT returns for review ensuring the data reported matches that in our accounting systems and is reasonable according to the requirements of the entity.
- Assist with annual and interim audit process, including quarterly compliance reviews, dealing with auditors' questions and acting as a liaison between them the business and management accountants.
- Act as liaison with international professional advisors for local reporting requirements
- Work with the financial and management community in the annual budget setting and re-forecasting processes performed during the year.
- Support treasury team, particularly with working capital reviews for international subsidiaries
- Support users of historic financial data (i.e. bid response team) by providing analysis of historic data to meet the requirements of any new bid (e.g sales and profit numbers for historic years, full analysis of the historic data for defined ratios)
- Support the Managers (Group Financial Accounting) by coordinating meetings, undertaking analysis and highlighting issues for escalation.
- Support the Global tax team as required
- Process compliance
- Ensure legal entities adhere to commercial and corporate governance process
- Report and monitor compliance on key corporate processes (eg, authorities, payments, reconciliations, timelines)
Specialist / Technical Expertise
- Keeping abreast of relevant business and accounting developments (e.g. VAT issues relating to outsourcing, employment law, reporting requirements)
Key job requirements include:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) with strong technical accounting skills and experience in statutory and financial reporting.
- Experience of local tax audit and able to deal with local auditor to prepare & complete the statutory audit.
- Tools and systems experience including expertise in Microsoft Excel and other financial systems.
- Sound and demonstrated consolidation experience.
- Experience with local taxation and local tax audit.
- An ability to establish credibility and generate respect from operational and financial management across the business.
- Strong experience in people and client management
- Ability to drive improvements in the international financial community of the Group.
- Knowledge of Sun Accounts / Vision and Cognos.
- Experience working in the services sector.