Executive recruitment firm Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf the world's leading betting and gaming companies.
Our respected client is seeking a Finance Operations Manager for Shared Service Center (SSC).
The Manila Finance Shared Service Center handles various Finance processes the company's legal entities across different locations such as Accounts Payable, Treasury, Reconciliations, Journals, Taxation and Financial Reporting. The job is in Parañaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines, and offers a hybrid working arrangement.
The Finance Operations Manager - SSC is responsible for monitoring performance, identifying and addressing opportunities, preparing and completing action plans, managing process improvements and quality assurance programs. Oversees development and training on appropriate skills needed by the teams to deliver requirements of the company.
The Operations Manager - SSC is expected to collaborate with the company's finance team but not limited to the FP&A, Group Treasury, Group Tax and various subsidiaries in relation with the finance related requirements. The position will also review and recommend new methods and procedures to improve operational efficiency.
Key job responsibilities:
- Oversight of team performance to SLA's and/or other objectives - Percent of time spent in this area: 40%
- Monitoring of SLA's. projects, process improvements and tasks assigned to the team.
- Provide guidance to the SSC team to ensure transactional concerns are properly dealt with.
- Analyze and develop corrective action plans when objectives are not met.
- Manage internal controls to adhere with the company policies and requirements.
- Ensure delivery of financial reports, oversee regulatory compliance and manage recurring audit - Percent of time spent in this area: 30%
- Ensure timely reviews of the real accounts of companies assigned to the team and closure of outstanding reconciling.
- Manage external and internal audits as required by the management.
- Manage regulatory compliance of assigned companies with collaboration with the Group Tax
- Close coordination with the Center of Excellence group to ensure delivery of period end closing and reports.
- Provide guidance and assessment of team managers or colleagues - Percent of time spent in this area: 10%
- Regular assessments or appraisal of the team managers or members performance
- Meets with direct reports on a weekly basis to discuss performance and provide coaching on areas of opportunity or success (1:1s)
- Ensure understanding of the expected behaviors and act as a role model to others
- Collaborate with various William Hill teams and business leaders - Percent of time spent in this area: 15%
- Act as the key point of escalation for issues/concerns of the William Hill business leaders
- Work to achieve a balanced resolution on identified concerns and company policies and government compliance.
- Design and implementation, if necessary, of business continuity plans
- Pro-active communication on planned initiatives with the stakeholders
- Hiring and Training/Development - Percent of time spent in this area: 5%
- Maintain staffing levels; recruits, select and hire colleagues to maintain a high-performance culture.
- Set strategies for associated training/development.
Key job requirements:
- Graduate of any business related course, accounting preferably
- CPA qualified
- 5 years + in a SSC team or Finance or BPO company in the same capacity or experience in audit firm is an advantage.
- 7 years+ in Supervisory or Managerial role overseeing accounting operations and providing guidance.
- Project management experience in consolidation and system/process migration/improvements
- Exposure to international gaming regulatory requirements
- Knowledgeable in using JDE, Service Now, Oracle or other accounting softwares
- Proficient in MS Office application (e.g Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- With excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to:
- Multi task
- Respond and lead change
- Resolve complex problems with minor directions
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Proactive, Self-Starter
- Flexibility to work in different shifts