Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Malaysia's Industrial Division is recruiting on behalf of a European MNC and a world leader in the field of chemical (to be elaborated confidentially). Our highly respected client is seeking for an experienced and driven Financial Controller to be responsible for managing, controlling, and executing the finance & accounting function for the three Asia entities, namely Asia, China and Far East (ACF) with offices located in Malaysia, Singapore and China. The job will be based in Selangor, Malaysia.
The Financial Controller actively supports the management teams and the business; provides useful insights to help execute financial and operational strategy, and to deliver innovative and cost-effective business solutions to meet the company's objectives.
Key job responsibilities include:
The main responsibilities include (with the support of local finance team), to manage all:
- Timely complete statutory financial statements and statutory corporate housekeeping obligations.
- Review, challenge and approve payment runs.
- Follow up cash positions; review and challenge their cash flow forecasts.
- Manage the FP&A/Control functions at local level.
- Report actual and forecast, explain variances, and provide executive management with
- Gather, calculate, create, and generate operational reports to display metrics and provides analyses as
- Lead Budget exercise together with CEO/MD
- Tax and Audit activities
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Manage relations with external third parties (banks, credit companies, administrations, ...).
- Ensure group policies are correctly applied (CoA, revenue recognition, transfer pricing, …)
- Act as a liaison officer with the holding for corporate housekeeping, cash, audit and reporting matters, and for specific finance projects.
- Act as a leader and contribute to business decisions:
- Assess systems and processes performance; recommend and/or implement changes to improve the overall
- performance of the finance function.
- Ensure the best practices are in place for internal control and compliance.
- Contribute to overall improvements to the whole company performance: close partnership with other functions
- like HR, Sales, Purchasing, breaking the silos
- Lead and manage a team: lead by example, and provide employees with encouragement, coaching, guidance,
- feedback, training, and skill development.
- Maintains an atmosphere of compliance, respect, mutual support, flexibility, continuous learning, humility, good
- humour, and commitment to business goals and customer needs to fulfil the company vision.
- As a permanent member, actively participate to the activities of the Management Team and act as a finance
- business partner to support the regional business activities.
- Act as a sparring partner to the CEO/MD: guide and advise on financial and general business matters.
- Master's and/or Degree in accounting or finance or business Administration.
- 10+ years' professional track record of progressively responsible experience in financial leadership roles.
- Exposure to international environment.
- ERP Experience, IT mindset.
- Successful experience in people management role (proven ability to lead, motivate, mentor and coach teams to
- deliver high impact results).
- Preferred Education / Experience.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant.
- Experience in a project-based industrial company.
- Experience in a corporate setting or CPA firm.